Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 05:30 PM

1,204 posts, read 2,527,096 times

Advertisements

I was at the store with my then 4 year old daughter. We were walking to the isle I needed and there was a man walking the opposite direction towards us, my daughter proceeds to say, "Hi, we are here to get girlies cuz my Mom has her period". I just about died!

Another, again at the store. Two hispanic men were walking towards us and my daughter says, "Mommy, I can speak spanish. I said, "you can?", she proceeds to look at the two men and say, "Hola, see I can speak spanish".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 05:31 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post

PS - what's a buckle bunny? (and should I already know that?)

Buckle bunny - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-30-2011, 05:35 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Mine neither.
Did yours have something to do with waistbands?

Old 06-30-2011, 05:39 PM

1,942 posts, read 8,490,633 times
I have two. Thankfully I wasn't there for one of them!

My husband and youngest son were on a plane flying to me. My son was 3 at the time. They were sitting next to a little elderly elderly lady who must of had Parkinsons. Her whole upper body was shaky, along with her head. My son turned to her with his angelic chubby cheeks, big blue eyes, and curly blond hair and said to her "Lady, why do you do this...?".....as he proceeded to start shaking his body and head like hers was! Luckily, either the lady was hard of hearing or she didn't understand my son because he did have an extreme articulation delay, and she had to ask my husband what he said. I don't remember what my husband told her, but I know it wasn't the truth!

The next thing was embarrassing to me, but as I look back on it now, it's sweet. I was a single mother with my oldest son, when I started dating someone. My child was 8 months old at the time (my oldest son). Throughout the early stages of dating, his parents didn't like me much. Probably because I was a single mother, young, and their son who was a year younger (22) was getting involved with a single mother. Understandable. But they never took it out on my son, so I have to give them credit for that. Anyway, it was Thanksgiving, and my son was 15 months old. We were all at my husband's parents house, (remember- he wasn't my husband at the time, we were only dating for about 7 months). All of the relatives were there; it was a big feast.

As we're sitting there, a little silent because we're all eating, my son turns to my husband's father and says "Grandpop, I want more meat". Grandpop???!!!!!!!!! The whole table was silent and I was so red and embarrassed! He didn't even call my husband Dad, because we weren't at that point yet obviously only 7 months into dating (bio dad not in picture so the person I was dating was the only male father figure around)! So of course I'm thinking that my husband's parents are thinking that I put him up to this which I did NOT! My smart little boy just figured out that if my father was Grandpop, then my husband's father (who I guess he thought of as a father even though that hadn't been established) is Grandpop too!

Well my husbands father took it in stride and just said "sure, here's your meat" and passed it, and it was Grandpop since then. And I'm been with who I was dating since 1996 and am married to him, so it all worked out!

Old 06-30-2011, 05:56 PM

2,353 posts, read 4,654,246 times
My son was around 3 when this happened.We were leaving the movies and a very large woman was coming in. She had HUGE breasts, and my son's eyes lit up and he said, "Mama! Look at her GREAT BIG nurse!" (he said "nurse" when he wanted to breastfeed... so his word for breast was "nurse") I was SO embarrassed!! She just smiled - she had young kids of her own, so I guess she understood.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:08 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,913,302 times
My cousin at three lived in a fairly small town with no african american families. On her first visit to New York city, she was amazed at the black faces. She yelled to her mom "Mommy, mommy, look at the chocolate man.* Her mom nearly died, but the man actually thought it was cute.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:25 PM

1,988 posts, read 5,384,732 times
My oldest daughter was almost 5, and my youngest was around 6 weeks. We were ordering at a restaurant, and I told daughter1 she could have a milkshake since she had been so well behaved. She turns to the server and says in her typical loud voice "<daughter2> has also been good, so give my mommy some chocolate so <daugher2> can have chocolate milk. please." The server and all the surrounding tables were laughing at that one.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:31 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,469,796 times
When my DD was in 1st grade, I let her cut school one hot spring day so we could go to the beach. She hadn't missed any days at all and I figured one day wouldn't hurt (even though the school had a very strict attendance policy and didn't want kids missing days unless they were truly sick). I'm sure you can guess where this is going....

The next day, I bring her to school and her teacher is waiting outside for her students. She spots my daughter and I and says "oh, I missed you yesterday! were you sick?". My DD says "no, it was a beautiful day so I got to cut school and we went to the beach!" Yikes.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:23 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
This isn't my child but my neice.

My sister used to be a compulsive liar. She'll lie about why she's late, making up big stories about flat tires, etc.

At a certain age, can't remember the exact age, my niece started correcting her in front of people.

"That's not true, Mommy, we're late because you spent too much time doing your hair."

Of course, my sister was totally embarrassed, but most importantly her daughter taught her a lesson.

My sister quickly changed her ways for the better.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:40 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,851,330 times
I am not the largest woman "up top". One day DD and I were in a store and saw a woman who had a very nice chest. (Yes. Even I could admire the beauty. ) DD looks at her and then looks at me and then says "Mommy. Why aren't your boobies like that woman's? The look so nice and soft and squishy. I just want to squeeze them. [said in the voice I used to say I wanted to squeeze dd's cheeks]. You know what else? I bet they would make a nice pillow. I want to lay down on them and take a nap. Your belly is squishy like a pillow, but her boobies look better."

Thank you DD. You have yelled across the store to grab everyone's attention. You embarrassed the woman with the squishy boobs and told everyone there how out of shape I am in. Thank you for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting