Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 12:53 PM

93 posts, read 212,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
The reason I am mad at my mother is when the police came she told them I hit him first so that he wouldnt get in toruble. Thankfully we had tons of witnesses so that didnt work but really why would she want to protect him?

I came over when I shouldnt have. Ok. I'll admit I was wrong but I will also admit that her telling me to wait over a WEEK for my furniture was crazy! I had no where else to sleep and Im out of clean clothes so I needed my washer and dryer. Not to mention we only had access to the truck THAT day.

Im also mad at her because she is more than likely gonna stay with him. Thats crazy he obviously tried to KILL my daughter HER granddaughter. I started having contractions if I would have had her theres a HUGE chance she would not have made it. How could you forgive a man of that?
I have a lot of sympathy for you. You obviously have a very bad family situation, but you are responsible for your child, regardless of this family situation.

You went someplace where you weren't wanted, insisted on having your way and then stated you would not leave until you got your way. These actions put your unborn child in a very harmful situation and almost caused a premature birth.

I understand you needed your things, but it was not worth the sacrifice to your baby. It is understood by doctors today that stress is very harmful to unborn children. Just Google stress and unborn baby.

While you cannot control the actions of others (your mother or your step-father), you should be able to control your actions.

I wish you and your child the best.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:26 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,812,088 times
Quote:
And I have to disagree with you on the highlighted area. I dont think you should put anyone ever before your children regardless of their age.

Sorry little girl, you're only 20, so I'll just say that you not only have a lot to learn, but you have some maturing to do.

Mom's husband DOES come before you. Don't pit them against each other.

All 3 of you acted stupidly. Mom said not now, but you insisted. Why do you think you're so special?

Old 07-05-2011, 01:36 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,678,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Sorry little girl, you're only 20, so I'll just say that you not only have a lot to learn, but you have some maturing to do.

Mom's husband DOES come before you. Don't pit them against each other.

All 3 of you acted stupidly. Mom said not now, but you insisted. Why do you think you're so special?

Thats YOUR opinion. I dont think you should put ANYONE before your children EVER. I know I wont. When my daughter gets here and down the line I get married to someone else and he hits her I am 100% for sure not taking his side. Thats a fact.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:47 PM

992 posts, read 2,372,727 times
Quote:
Thats YOUR opinion. I dont think you should put ANYONE before your children EVER. I know I wont. When my daughter gets here and down the line I get married to someone else and he hits her I am 100% for sure not taking his side. Thats a fact.
It's a hard pill to swallow, but maybe he supports her financially, and maybe she's not strong enough to stand on her own two feet so she stays with this man. You're 20, pregnant, not married, throwing chairs at windows, having hissy fits WHILE YOU ARE CARRYING A CHILD! Calm the eff down, get your life together. Quit worrying about your mama and her man, because you're being JUST as codependent as she is.

And why in the sam hill would you think that the man you marry "down the line" is going to hit your child? Get your life drama free, miss thang and then you won't have to worry about some dude hitting your child. Get right with yourself FIRST and FOREMOST.

Your step dad was dead wrong, but you throwing a tantrum and hiding behind "I'm pregnant" does not excuse your actions. You're pregnant, so you SHOULD behave better.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:58 PM

11 posts, read 65,106 times
Your response to the posts show you are immature. You need anger management, this is how you will be with your bf and with your baby. Not good dear.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:59 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,308,713 times
Quote:
The reason I am mad at my mother is when the police came she told them I hit him first so that he wouldnt get in toruble. Thankfully we had tons of witnesses so that didnt work but really why would she want to protect him?

I came over when I shouldnt have. Ok. I'll admit I was wrong but I will also admit that her telling me to wait over a WEEK for my furniture was crazy! I had no where else to sleep and Im out of clean clothes so I needed my washer and dryer. Not to mention we only had access to the truck THAT day.

Im also mad at her because she is more than likely gonna stay with him. Thats crazy he obviously tried to KILL my daughter HER granddaughter. I started having contractions if I would have had her theres a HUGE chance she would not have made it. How could you forgive a man of that?
Yea, your mom is a liar and tried to protect a man who tried to kill her own granddaughter.

And she is crazy for telling you to wait a week to get the furniture when she knew from the start the date that you will be coming to get it. Who the heck does that. I mean sure, you could have slept on your couch for a week, but there must be some strange reason why she can't just let you get your stuff and she failed to give a good explanation. She could have told somebody else to control the dog if her husband was leaving. There were a billion ways to solve this issue. It's really no sweat off her back.

You should just not talk to her anymore - and don't store any more stuff at her house or involve her in any way.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:00 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,272,815 times
Quote:
Sad to say but yes. She had never acted like this before and I am ashamed. She has always been such a strong woman and this situation leaves me utterly heartbroken.
How do you think SHE feels.....I'm not excusing the man for punching you...not at all...but you must know this whole sordid episode could have been avoided if you'd just been a little more patient.......

Old 07-05-2011, 02:04 PM

1,429 posts, read 4,281,375 times
Umm, why didn't the people who were helping you move intervene? I don't know about your situation, but if any of my friends would have seen a man put me out of my momma's house they'd come up to me to see if they were needed. I wouldn't need a girlfriend from down the street to happen to hear my screams before help arrived. Assuming my momma would ever let any person put me out of her house, that is.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:17 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,090,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
Nor should your mother.

Yes I agree..

Old 07-05-2011, 02:33 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,944,452 times
I'm with h866 on this. Violence perpetuates violence. You threw a chair, and threatened your step-father with retaliation by your boyfriend. Two wrongs don't make it right, and you need to get a grasp on your own emotions before your baby is born.

Nobody should hold their head up after this kind of confrontation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting