Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 04:49 PM

13,975 posts, read 25,825,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by h886 View Post
The trouble is, that this poor young boy who was held down and had a penis touch his lips may very well have felt it as an act of sexual assault.

What you are describing isn't the same at all. Your brothers did not pull their pants off completely so it was their bare buttocks, anus, and sexual organs and then smash that on your face. You did not have their bare penis on your face while they held you down in front of other people and laughed.

I again have to question how many would consider this assault acceptable if the victim had been a 12-year-old girl instead. I think it's very sad that we don't protect boys the same as we do girls. This poor young man may have lasting trauma from this that takes years to get over. This is not a joke.
Where does it say the penis was even exposed? From what info this article gives, the pants could have been lowered to expose the butt, leaving the entire front of the boys still covered.

If this had been done to a 12 year old girl, I would feel differently. The thing is, it wasn't. Young teen boys don't typically engaged in "horseplay" with girls, unless they do have some sexual feelings, even if they can't identify them as such.

Were there any other punishments handed out here? I see no sense in a punishment that won't even register for these kids for years to come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 04:52 PM

32,516 posts, read 36,995,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
I grew up with 4 older brothers. They loved holding me down and farting on my face, and although they kept their pants on, I've seen lots of "moons" in my day.
I grew up with 3 older brothers. If any of them had done this to me and my father found out about it? Being on the sex offender registry would have been the least of their problems.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:53 PM

5,635 posts, read 5,050,185 times
Quote:
Were there any other punishments handed out here? I see no sense in a punishment that won't even register for these kids for years to come.
Maybe it'll hit them as they're cleaning the Slurpee machine. Surprise-surprise-surprise!

I'll bet their parents are so proud of them right now!

Old 07-21-2011, 05:20 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,622,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie
I grew up with 4 older brothers. They loved holding me down and farting on my face, and although they kept their pants on, I've seen lots of "moons" in my day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I grew up with 3 older brothers. If any of them had done this to me and my father found out about it? Being on the sex offender registry would have been the least of their problems.
Maybe it is regional. Mattie is from NJ and these boys are from NJ too. That type of behavior wouldn't have been tollerated by most families in my region.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:26 PM

32,516 posts, read 36,995,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Maybe it is regional. Mattie is from NJ and these boys are from NJ too. That type of behavior wouldn't have been tollerated by most families in my region.
I'd never even heard of it until Goat's post this morning.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:27 PM

17,574 posts, read 45,978,079 times
What if it was two girls who did this? Would anyone feel differently about the punishment?

Old 07-21-2011, 05:38 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,622,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I'd never even heard of it until Goat's post this morning.
Neither had I. Just because there are lots of Youtube videos doesn't mean that it's the norm throughout the nation.

Old 07-21-2011, 06:59 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,337,482 times
Quote:
Where does it say the penis was even exposed? From what info this article gives, the pants could have been lowered to expose the butt, leaving the entire front of the boys still covered.
I linked to a news article on the previous page.

Old 07-21-2011, 07:06 PM

1,492 posts, read 3,220,454 times
The difficulty with lists is that the perpertrator is weighed down for life and in my view does not make society any safer. After an offender offends a second time, the existance of a list does provide media fodder to bash the government agency that was supposed to protect us.

In my view people make mistakes. We need to punish them to mark that they crossed the line. After that the focus should be on rehabilitation and that takes time and love and money.

The more connected people are with their community, the more they will behave in accordance with the expectations of that community.

So get rid of the lists.

Then with these kids, given them a whack on those back sides that they were intent on exposing and then get them busy being decent human beings.

Old 07-21-2011, 07:44 PM

1,302 posts, read 1,801,006 times
Anybody a fan of the Colts or Peyton Manning?? He did this, well worse, when he was at Tennessee. He teabagged one of the female trainers and she was not amused.

Pretty sure he didn't have to register for anything. Is everybody as disgusted by him and not buy his products, watch his games, laugh at his commercials......Just sayin'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting