Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 06:51 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,178,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I understand what you're saying but I'm glad Dr. Phil brought her onto his show.

Otherwise, the authorities would have never know what she was doing to her child.

But, seriously, Dr. Phil should have just reported her to the authorities without even having her on his show.

How can he keep his license for not reporting it when he's mandated by law to report abuse?
Does he actually have a license? I don't think he does-- pretty sure he lost it for shtupping a client.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2011, 07:12 AM

13,238 posts, read 9,855,990 times
Here's what Wiki says about his license -

Quote:
After starting CSI, McGraw ceased the practice of psychology. He maintained his license current and in good standing until he elected to retire it 15 years later in 2006.[18] Appearing on the Today Show in January 2008, McGraw said that he has made it "very clear" that his current work does not involve the practice of psychology. He also said that he had "retired from psychology".[19] According to the Today Show, the California Board of Psychology determined in 2002 that he did not require a license because his show involves "entertainment" rather than psychology.[19] Magraw's license is currently is listed by the Texas State Board of Psychology as "retired" and he holds no other active licenses to practice in any other state. According to Texas State Law, McGraw could still be open to a charge of practicing without a license in Texas, since his show is broadcast in that state.[20] [21]
I guess now he's a doctor of good old fashioned folksy sayings and pithy adages, bless his heart.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:02 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,845,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Here's what Wiki says about his license -

I guess now he's a doctor of good old fashioned folksy sayings and pithy adages, bless his heart.
lol

Old 08-25-2011, 08:29 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,954,319 times
I think the woman should spend the full year in jail.
I think she should get all 10 years of probation.

I hope her husbands suffers a similar fate for allowing it happen.

Who the hell does that?
Like really?
As much as it would be nice to flog her I'll leave that up to her inmates when a bigger inmate decides to make her well you get the picture....

Old 08-25-2011, 06:00 PM

247 posts, read 497,289 times
i dont get why hot sauce in the mouth is 'chid abuse.' i reckon i was abused as a child. im 19 now but when i was younger my parents spanked us with a switch or thick leather belt....my mom hot sauced us. she put hot sauce on our tongue and we werent allowed to drink or eat anything for 30 minutes. however the hot/cold showers are wrong.

oh & btw, the hot sauce in the mouth idea was presented to my mother by my pediatrican. cant be that bad.

Old 08-25-2011, 06:10 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,067,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkayx333 View Post
h & btw, the hot sauce in the mouth idea was presented to my mother by my pediatrican. cant be that bad.
I'd have changed pediatricians.

Old 08-25-2011, 06:13 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,262,413 times
Just because your a doctor, does not make you a good parent.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:58 PM

13,513 posts, read 19,224,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Timely. My neighbor, who is a strong proponent of both spanking and hot sauce (for lying or talking back) came by this afternoon to pick something up. I told her what the outcome of this trial was, and she told me she had the right to discipline as she saw fit. I KNOW she is a loving mother, who just wants well behaved children, so I have very mixed feelings about this verdict.

I, like RKB, see no point in imprisoning this parent. And, I can't stand Dr. Phil, who schedules for his bottom line, not to be altruistic.
Surely you understand that you can have very well behaved children without the strong arm torture of said children?....I think mamas sentence should just be to hold hot sauce in HER mouth ...everyday...for a month....a punishment she would learn from.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:46 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,612,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkayx333 View Post
i dont get why hot sauce in the mouth is 'chid abuse.' i reckon i was abused as a child. im 19 now but when i was younger my parents spanked us with a switch or thick leather belt....my mom hot sauced us. she put hot sauce on our tongue and we werent allowed to drink or eat anything for 30 minutes. however the hot/cold showers are wrong.

oh & btw, the hot sauce in the mouth idea was presented to my mother by my pediatrican. cant be that bad.
Same here, my family (parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents, g grandparents, etc...) were big proponents of punishing the offensive body part. If you lied or swore, it was the sauce, stealing, you got your hands smacked Catholic nun style, and spankings for pretty much everything else.

Old 08-26-2011, 05:32 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,685,356 times
They used to have hot sauce nail polish that moms would brush on their kids' fingernails to keep them from biting their nails. They don't make that stuff anymore? It didn't work for me, because I actually liked the taste and would like it off - and then bite my nails again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting