Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 09:23 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,181,651 times

Advertisements

I would want to be told. Not necessarily because I wouldn't already know and be trying to deal with it, but because it gives me additional material to draw from when I talk to her (even if it's the second or third time the talk's been had).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2011, 12:44 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,099,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
I do't think so, I've been "hooking up" and having sex since I was 10 yrs old. I remember kids having boyfriends & girlfriends at 2nd grade at the very minimum. Kids are having sex at earlier ages these days, but hey it's 2011 so not much we can do about it. I think you should stay out of her business or if you are really concerned tell her parents what. been happening. I would have ignored you too if you were breathing down my back.
and you still think it is ok? Let me tell you, it is NOT normal, EVERYONE does not do it, and it is NOT ok. Better at 14 than 10, however.

I'm guessing either A) you are lying or B) you were abused and have no idea what "normal" is. If so, please seek therapy. You have some issues to deal with.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:45 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,157,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertee View Post
Its fine....as long as he is 17 yrs old, he is not breaking any laws. She's not a nun and eventually she will loose her virginity. Its normal. But you seem scared and concerned, so let your folks know.
The age of consent in some states is 16 so you may be off here.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:51 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,281,021 times
There is really nothing you can do. She is making some unhealthy choices. Anything you say, will make her defensive, or hate you. Just let it run its course...support her if she comes crying to you later...don't tell her, "I told you so"...

Have some information about Planned Parenthood and responsible birth control sent to her, or give it to her yourself. Offer to take her to an appointment. That is a constructive, supportive thing you can do.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:55 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,157,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
and you still think it is ok? Let me tell you, it is NOT normal, EVERYONE does not do it, and it is NOT ok. Better at 14 than 10, however.

I'm guessing either A) you are lying or B) you were abused and have no idea what "normal" is. If so, please seek therapy. You have some issues to deal with.
I was never abused. I started experimenting sexually young. Obviously not with intercourse. It is not at all unheard of for little girls to play games that involve touching. My gf and I were probably as young as 8 or 9. "Making out" and whatnot, the whole bases stupidity started pretty young as well. Conversations with some of my friends reveals the same.

While I agree this is not everyone's normal, it is not an unhealthy or weird view of normal either.

My concern with the 14 yo, given the lck of information, is

- why is she doing it? Is she playing at some game that is going to get her hurt?

- is she fully aware of the consequences; physically, emotionally and practically?

Old 09-05-2011, 01:02 PM

861 posts, read 1,121,929 times
Hell yea that is too young, she doesn't need to be doing that right now! especially with a 17 yr old.

Old 09-05-2011, 03:51 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,025,240 times
Quote:
I do't think so, I've been "hooking up" and having sex since I was 10 yrs old. I remember kids having boyfriends & girlfriends at 2nd grade at the very minimum. Kids are having sex at earlier ages these days, but hey it's 2011 so not much we can do about it. I think you should stay out of her business or if you are really concerned tell her parents what. been happening. I would have ignored you too if you were breathing down my back.

And from the rest of this post it sounds like your age is now... 11.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:00 PM

13,513 posts, read 19,235,612 times
I too think she's WAY too young....no WAY would one of my daughters get away with that....but then we never had that problem because one of us(if not both) was always home to lend some guidance..... which is what this girl needs more than ever in her very impressionable, and gullible age.Unfortunately it doesn't sound like this girl gets any....lets just hope her mothers at least communicated about protection.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:36 PM

13,513 posts, read 19,235,612 times
Quote:
Not if you were MY treasured Jewel!!!

Old 09-05-2011, 05:43 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,088,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Not if you were MY treasured Jewel!!!
I was wondering "Where the heck was your Grandmama?!"

A child who is "loved on" (Southern expression TJewel should know) and taught self respect by their family does NOT turn to sex when they're 10 and think it is, somehow, OK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting