Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2011, 08:43 PM

13,410 posts, read 9,941,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
HORRENDOUSLY awful.

Though Peter Dinklage winning got a big ovation from the Dew household.

Ugly dresses, terrible production numbers, horrible writing, the director has his head up his ......

Mr. Dew keeps saying, "My God they're making her butt look like the QEII!"
HA!!!

That about sums it up nicely.

Old 09-18-2011, 08:48 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,951,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
They left a bunch out and changed some too....too much detail for a 2 hour movie....I watched it with DD a couple weeks ago. She hadn't read it but liked the movie. I'd already read the book and tried to keep my mouth shut except to clarify things if she asked.....she can link to my B&N Nook acct. on her iphone so in case she wanted to read any more in that series she had to kind of know how the story differed.....
I didn't know it was a series. Wonder if DH knows that.... I'll have to mention it to him. He really liked the book.

I'm off to watch the disaster you are all talking about.

Old 09-18-2011, 08:50 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
I'm off to watch the disaster you are all talking about.
There's only one award left.

Consider yourself lucky.

Old 09-18-2011, 08:56 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Long day here. But good. Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Many congrats MM!! Very happy for you guys.

Yay Modern Family! Nite all see you all manana!

Old 09-18-2011, 09:03 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Love Jane Lynch, ever since Best in Show. I DVRed it and just started watching it.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:05 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Yes Coop...it is a series. Same author wrote another series (maybe even a couple of series now that I think about it) which is kind of linked (though not in the movie)..Lincoln Lawyer is the first in a different (but related) series based on the main character...

http://www.michaelconnelly.com/

Last edited by maciesmom; 09-18-2011 at 09:47 PM..

Old 09-18-2011, 09:33 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Yes, most of the dresses are awful! What is that about? And the commentary about the winner as they walk up to the stage is stupid. The pageant thing was kind of funny.

Old 09-19-2011, 05:36 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Okay, I've picked out my gifts to Mini Ewag!

Grand Victorian Playhouse for Children

Tea with Rosie - Children's Tea Set

And for Mr. and Mrs. Ewag:

Philadelphia Weekend Getaways- Rittenhouse- Romantic Philadelphia Weekend Packages (http://www.rittenhousehotel.com/promotions_and_packages/ultimate_presidential.cfm#ulit - broken link)

I will babysit.

Old 09-19-2011, 06:26 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Good Morning All!

How is everyone today?

MrZim is working from home again, which means I get nothing done.

I leave for my trip to South Africa in exactly a month, and get to spend a week with my 2 best pals from high school, we haven't seen each other in 30 years. So far one has bought 2 cases of wine for the week, in other words, not much has changed...

Julia - I would be quite happy to live in that playhouse. It would be a breeze to clean it.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:18 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Good morning, Zim. I am just looking around for my flame-retardant outfit. I think it's going to come in handy later.

It's raining this morning, so I drove my son to school. The street in front of the school is set up as a drop-off zone, with one section for people to park and walk up with their kids, and another for people to pull up, drop off, and drive away like at the airport. (Teachers and parent volunteers rotate weekly to help with the curbside dropoff: opening and closing doors, helping little ones with their backpacks, etc.) For the most part, it goes pretty smoothly. HOWEVER.

1. Lately there have been more and more parents unloading kids on the street side, rather than curbside. The street itself is narrow (it's in a neighborhood), with buses coming up from the other direction and passing cars going slowly between the loading zone and the oncoming buses. Just this morning, a mom opened her door and stepped out almost right in front of me; I had to step sharply on my brakes to be sure I didn't catch her door. I've had to brake for little kids being unloaded from that side too. The school periodically sends out reminders to unload only on the curb side, but it gradually just gets worse again. I can't understand why people do something unsafe, when they could just put their children on the other side of the car, or have the kiddo climb over whatever to get out on the other side.

2. The section where people park is in front of the drop-off zone, further away from the school. It seems like the people who get there first in the afternoon to park always do so at the back of the line, closest to the school. I get the reasoning that they were there first and so should get the better spot, but that means that other people have to back in in front of them, which is made all the worse because the next person arriving wants to be in the next-to-last spot in line. So that area is always a mess of people backing in and holding up traffic before school gets out. The buses try to come up the street and it's just a traffic jam. Pull to the front of the line, people! Make it easier for everyone else. Yes, it's half a block further to walk but it's not that big a deal!

Vent over. Phew!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting