Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2011, 10:30 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times

Advertisements

Oi vey! I have some family I will be visiting on my trip who, how can I phrase this nicely, have not made stellar life decisions. Anyway, I made the mistake of asking if there was anything they would like me to bring from the US, thinking they would want clothing, or something else on the smallish side. Top of the list, an iPad!!!

Old 09-20-2011, 10:37 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Oi vey! I have some family I will be visiting on my trip who, how can I phrase this nicely, have not made stellar life decisions. Anyway, I made the mistake of asking if there was anything they would like me to bring from the US, thinking they would want clothing, or something else on the smallish side. Top of the list, an iPad!!!

Well heck Zimbo....if you're flying around dropping iPads here and there feel free to drop one over this way...that or a lovely scarf...

Old 09-20-2011, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post

Well heck Zimbo....if you're flying around dropping iPads here and there feel free to drop one over this way...that or a lovely scarf...
I don't even have an iPad. A scarf is a good idea, it could have a dual purpose....

Old 09-20-2011, 10:52 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times

Well there you go. A lovely, stylish, multipurpose .... scarf..

Old 09-21-2011, 05:02 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,195,777 times
Good morning, CDMWR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
I believe DS's class is interested in having a flying cockroach for their critter tank???
I could probably ship you several, as soon as it rains again. I don't know why they like to come in then, but they do. Ick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Despite planning way ahead, we have ended up with 4 things on Thursday evening again! Second time this month. My thing is out, clearly. DS8 has the other 3. One is out. the other 2 would normally happen back to back, so we'd be maybe 10 minutes late for the second. Normally it starts at 7:00. I was notified a couple days ago that it will be starting at 6:45 (ok, now we'll be more like 25 minutes late). Today I was told to arrive at 6:30! Now we will be about 45 minutes late, which means missing half the meeting. Do they not think people have other things going on?

thanks for listening to my rant
That was last night for us. Apparently, you and I are able to subdivide at will.

Old 09-21-2011, 05:10 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,195,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I dont want to have to include a baby into my activities...
I don't want to plan things with my friends around nap time and have to cut plans short due to a cranky baby.
I like my life child free and my friends not having children and being able to do things on our own terms.
I'm not ready for that kind of life style and children change everything and all my friends are going to be busy. I'll have to find new friends who can go do things young 20 somethings do when they don't have kids. I have have the baby bug yet and all my friends are getting bitten...
No. You like your life child free and your friends not having children and being able to do things on TXT's own terms. Clearly, in this age of birth control and abortions available, they are doing things on theirs. And that is what has you all miffy.

Old 09-21-2011, 05:27 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Your friends don't listen when you give them smart, common sense advice? Gee, I can't imagine how frustrating that must be...
I'm sorry, but ..... Oh Snap!!!

Morning all!

An iPad, huh? Got to admire their, um, chutzpah, no?

nummy, sorry to hear you had a rough day.

We all have the sniffles here. Bluck.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:14 AM

Good Morning All! How are we today?

Fin - sorry you have the sniffles. Gotta love the beginning of the school year.

From the minute my kids got off the school bus yesterday, they both had a virulent case of verbal diarrhea, and it didn't stop until they went to sleep. Phew...so much to say. My brain feels bruised this morning.

I love Shout by Tears For Fears, this is a remake done to promote a huge, and so far quite successful anti-crime campaign in South Africa. All the big names in South African music lent their voices.

SHOUT SA - YouTube

Old 09-21-2011, 06:16 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Good Morning All! How are we today?

Fin - sorry you have the sniffles. Gotta love the beginning of the school year.

From the minute my kids got off the school bus yesterday, they both had a virulent case of verbal diarrhea, and it didn't stop until they went to sleep. Phew...so much to say. My brain feels bruised this morning.

I love Shout by Tears For Fears, this is a remake done to promote a huge, and so far quite successful anti-crime campaign in South Africa. All the big names in South African music lent their voices.

SHOUT SA - YouTube
I love that song... that whole album was awesome. Very much a big deal sonically when it came out.

Are you getting excited about your trip, Zim?

Old 09-21-2011, 06:24 AM

Fin - yes, I'm getting very excited. I'm not sure how much sight-seeing touristy stuff I'll end up doing, probably spend most of my time catching up with people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting