Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2011, 07:27 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Here's my other gripe about hating on the teachers, my sister is a severely dyslexic, but very enthusiastic English teacher.

I would never have thought of that.

Because of what I used to do "for a living" before becoming a Mommy (I taught college English for 10 years) I am snobby about that kind of thing.

Thank you for the different perspective.

Old 09-23-2011, 07:36 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Because of what I used to do "for a living" before becoming a Mommy (I taught college English for 10 years) I am snobby about that kind of thing.
You want a laugh Calgirl? It was a college English professor who told me to become a writer. His next words were, "Of course you're going to need a h*** of a good editor."

Old 09-23-2011, 07:39 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,851,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Actually it is kind of an intelligent cartoon. It has some humor adults can appreciate, and Phineas and Ferb are smart and creative.

Phineas and Ferb | Disney XD
DH LOVES Phineas & Ferb. It can be really funny. At least we aren't recording that like we do for iCarly.

So, I think I am going to actively run for Worst Mother of the Year. These are the things I am going to do:

1. Make DD start sucking on a pacifier again just so she will stop talking for more than 3 seconds at a time.
2. Make a contraption that will allow DD to hang a TV around her neck so that she watches TV all day long.
3. Go topless everywhere just in case one day I may start producing milk again and decide I want to BF in public.
4. Never let her eat a cooked meal. Only feed her McDonalds and Dairy Queen
5. Make sure she has a cell phone, iPad, and a laptop with her everywhere she goes
6. Never drive her anywhere. She will ride her bike without a helmet along the busiest streets I can find that have no sidewalks.
7. Make sure she screams EVERYWHERE we go in public while running around destroying things.

What else can I do? I really want this award.

Old 09-23-2011, 07:47 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,851,624 times
I also want to send my sympathies out to poor Julia. If we think these threads are bad, I can only imagine how she is feeling right now.

Old 09-23-2011, 07:53 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
I also want to send my sympathies out to poor Julia. If we think these threads are bad, I can only imagine how she is feeling right now.
I'm mostly not participating. I'm not in the mood to argue with people.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:41 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Turns out I learned a LOT on the Education forum incluing some insights into some of the Parenting posters. Absolutely fascinating.

Night everyone!

Old 09-23-2011, 09:11 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Turns out I learned a LOT on the Education forum incluing some insights into some of the Parenting posters. Absolutely fascinating.

Night everyone!
I may have to check it out.

Old 09-24-2011, 12:13 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,972,786 times
Quote:
DH LOVES Phineas & Ferb. It can be really funny. At least we aren't recording that like we do for iCarly.

So, I think I am going to actively run for Worst Mother of the Year. These are the things I am going to do:

1. Make DD start sucking on a pacifier again just so she will stop talking for more than 3 seconds at a time.
2. Make a contraption that will allow DD to hang a TV around her neck so that she watches TV all day long.
3. Go topless everywhere just in case one day I may start producing milk again and decide I want to BF in public.
4. Never let her eat a cooked meal. Only feed her McDonalds and Dairy Queen
5. Make sure she has a cell phone, iPad, and a laptop with her everywhere she goes
6. Never drive her anywhere. She will ride her bike without a helmet along the busiest streets I can find that have no sidewalks.
7. Make sure she screams EVERYWHERE we go in public while running around destroying things.

What else can I do? I really want this award.
My friend told me I was stereotyping babies when I said they scream A LOT out in public, cut to walmart for 9 hours a day and besides the BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP of the registers, that's the only other thing I hear, is the screaming children....everywhere....all the time.

I don't think I was stereotyping, I think I hit that nail on the head.

Old 09-24-2011, 06:29 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
/smooch

This board is easier than Relationships, but I co-mod that one. Relationships, IMO, is easier than Politics & Other Controversies.

This board will have one or two hot threads, but the rest is pretty quiet.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:51 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Good Morning All!

How goes it today?

DH is away on business, and DS is camping with the Boy Scouts, so it's very peaceful at Casa Zim this weekend.

DD8 listens to Glee from the minute she opens her eyes in the morning. I am deliberating whether or not to watch the show with her. I am by no means a prude, I am just wrestling with whether or not some of the themes are a bit too mature for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting