Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2011, 08:36 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Only to be asked to contribute $500,000 freakin dollars to the building fund. We could only laugh and leave. If he had asked for a reasonable amount we would have counter-offered, but half a million?!
OK I cannot let this go. DH and I were once asked to contribute $10,000 to get a seat in a theater with our name on it. (We said thanks but, um, that ain't gonna happen.) Boy, do you win! Not that it's a competition but I am IMPRESSED!

(We went to an awards show at that theater a couple years later and DH got out his pen knife, but that's a whole other story. )

Old 09-26-2011, 08:37 PM

4,469 posts, read 7,195,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
After I had several posts removed from that thread I am not going back.

So, I just sat back, drank a glass of wine and watched a bit of TV (the new show Pan AM), and am much calmer about my whole day care thing now. I realized how grateful I am about several things in my situation. 2 of them are:

I am able to work in a job that can support my family thanks to the hard working women who came before me and refused to take no for an answer

I have a job in this economy.

I know that without these 2 things I wouldn't be having this issue in the first place, but without them I wouldn't be able to live the life that I live. I am very grateful for that. DD wouldn't be here if I wasn't able to choose where I work and what job I will do at that job. I met DH while working a "man's" job.

So, thank you to all women who made that possible.
Oh, good, I'm not the only one on the Bad Girl Bench! I couldn't ask for nicer company.
How was Pan Am? My cousin used to work for them back in the day and I thought she was sooooo glamorous. (I didn't grow up to be a flight attendant though.)

Old 09-26-2011, 08:38 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,053,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Hey focal - we're having a baby pool for Ewag's pending little miss. Would you like to have a guess? We have a website and everything.

Ewag, when are you due again? I really should put it on the site so I don't forget.
I have no idea what that means, but I'd certainly like to find out.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:42 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,851,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
I have no idea what that means, but I'd certainly like to find out.
lol. FR did write that entire post in CDMWR code didn't she?

We are all having a virtual baby shower for EWAG, and one of the lovely ladies here created a web site to post all of our gifts. We also have a pool going on to guess the day and time for the baby's arrival.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
Oh, good, I'm not the only one on the Bad Girl Bench! I couldn't ask for nicer company.
How was Pan Am? My cousin used to work for them back in the day and I thought she was sooooo glamorous. (I didn't grow up to be a flight attendant though.)
lol. Yeah. I saw 2 of my posts removed and stopped looking. I didn't want to see the grand total. Sorry again Julia. Please don't give me the look again.

Pan Am was pretty good. It is always hard to tell from the pilot episode, but it was interesting seeing how women in the workplace were treated by the men. It wasn't obvious things, but since I have an HR background I was shocked to see some things. I have a feeling it is a lot like Mad Men, but I never saw that show.

Old 09-26-2011, 09:24 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,751,741 times
Ladies I am off!

Have a good night and remember behave before Julia's little evil staring dog gets you!

XX
Mrs. X

Old 09-26-2011, 09:24 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
OK I cannot let this go. DH and I were once asked to contribute $10,000 to get a seat in a theater with our name on it. (We said thanks but, um, that ain't gonna happen.) Boy, do you win! Not that it's a competition but I am IMPRESSED!

(We went to an awards show at that theater a couple years later and DH got out his pen knife, but that's a whole other story. )
No need to be. That was more than our house cost. I have no idea what would have led him to believe we rolled with that demographic. My minivan?

Old 09-27-2011, 05:58 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,195,777 times
Good morning, CDMWR! Num, did the storms yesterday drown your yard?

Old 09-27-2011, 06:33 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
OK, I have a request to make. I know many of you who hang out in the Chat thread are friends, and coming here in the morning to say hello and chat is good fun. How's Ewag coming along, how's MM's pup doing, who's got the bonbons. That is what the Chat thread is for, and that's fine. But this is not a treehouse at the top of the forum to congregate and look down on others.

Some of you might consider starting a Social Group--you even already know what to name it.

//www.city-data.com/forum/groups/

You can make it public or invitation-only. You can talk about whatever you want in there: threads that make you mad, people who make you mad, OMG Julia is drunk on bonbons, whatever.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
Good morning, CDMWR! Num, did the storms yesterday drown your yard?
No. I heard your area was getting pounded, but we just got a few sprinkles. Not even enough to turn on my windshield wipers while driving home. I am a little farther north than you are probably thinking. I had to migrate up one county because of housing prices in 2004.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting