Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2011, 09:21 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,890,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
lol. I could hear the change in tone in this. The start of a laugh that turns quickly into disappointment. It actually made me laugh out loud.

I swear DH thinks I am crazy for randomly laughing at the computer. Especially when I am reading more emails from Thorne.
Haha - that's very funny - it was exactly what happened over here!

My DH thinks I'm crazy for laughing at the computer too - I try to explain but something always seems to get lost in translation. I heart Thorne's twisted sense of humor.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:22 PM

32,516 posts, read 36,991,174 times
My local Safeway at 6am = Firemen and cowboys = hot gods.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:25 PM

13,975 posts, read 25,823,059 times
Yup, I can always find our local firemen at Kroger too. Each fall we have a neighborhood block party, and invite the firemen to judge our chili cook-off. Last year, one of the hot gods in uniform invited me to go for a ride in his truck. Oh yea I went.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:29 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,841,954 times
Go Mattie!

Old 09-30-2011, 09:29 PM

8,392 posts, read 3,470,101 times
This is a message to Mr.FR - since you are a construction hot god and might be peeking in here.

I've been doing a ton of renovations in my house - by myself when I have the skills. I'm 5ft 3in, using standard sized stepladders and regular hammers, screwdrivers and paintbrushes. On the third step of the ladder in confined spaces (bathroom, above the cupboards in the kitchen etc) I can't quite reach into ceiling corners without tying a stick onto my paintbrush. Working in high corners with screwdrivers, scrapers and hammers is just about impossible without going up one step - but then I bang my head on the ceiling and spend more time trying to keep my balance on the stepladder than fixing whatever is going on in the confined space. Houses were clearly designed to be worked on by people who are at least 5ft 8in tall.

I got on the net to look for "tools for women". And lo and behold found a couple of sites - offering PINK goggles, and LIGHTWEIGHT hammers. I don't want PINK goggles and I'm strong enough to pick up and wield the darn hammer. What I want are tools with LONGER HANDLES, stepladders with perhaps an extra inch between rungs.

Mr. Hot god FR - do you have any ideas that would help this vertically challenged woman? Wanna collaborate with me on a range of tools for shortazzes?

Oh I'm such a flirt.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:30 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,337,546 times
LOL King Soopers is Krogers. Maybe firefighters get a discount at Krogers

Old 09-30-2011, 09:34 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,890,943 times
Hahaha, Kobber! That was awesome!

Old 09-30-2011, 09:44 PM

13,291 posts, read 9,808,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
lol. I could hear the change in tone in this. The start of a laugh that turns quickly into disappointment. It actually made me laugh out loud.

I swear DH thinks I am crazy for randomly laughing at the computer. Especially when I am reading more emails from Thorne.
Stop! I'm crying ovuh here. I was already feeling a bit loopy, but that emoticon sent me over the edge.

Aaaah.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:46 PM

13,291 posts, read 9,808,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
This is a message to Mr.FR - since you are a construction hot god and might be peeking in here.

I've been doing a ton of renovations in my house - by myself when I have the skills. I'm 5ft 3in, using standard sized stepladders and regular hammers, screwdrivers and paintbrushes. On the third step of the ladder in confined spaces (bathroom, above the cupboards in the kitchen etc) I can't quite reach into ceiling corners without tying a stick onto my paintbrush. Working in high corners with screwdrivers, scrapers and hammers is just about impossible without going up one step - but then I bang my head on the ceiling and spend more time trying to keep my balance on the stepladder than fixing whatever is going on in the confined space. Houses were clearly designed to be worked on by people who are at least 5ft 8in tall.

I got on the net to look for "tools for women". And lo and behold found a couple of sites - offering PINK goggles, and LIGHTWEIGHT hammers. I don't want PINK goggles and I'm strong enough to pick up and wield the darn hammer. What I want are tools with LONGER HANDLES, stepladders with perhaps an extra inch between rungs.

Mr. Hot god FR - do you have any ideas that would help this vertically challenged woman? Wanna collaborate with me on a range of tools for shortazzes?

Oh I'm such a flirt.
And now YOU! Stop it. My sides hurt.

Nevertheless, I shall email him this post and ask him what to do re: pink tools. I'm sure he'll be delighted to help.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:52 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,543,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
My local Safeway at 6am = Firemen and cowboys = hot gods.
Dew, I have to say, Costa Mesa firefighters are super hot. If you're in the area and there's a fire, stick around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.