Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2011, 07:16 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,902,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Good Morning All! TGIFF....at last.

Ewag - good luck at the dentist with LSE!

DH has been working from home this week, and yesterday he asked me if we were always this busy . I guess his perceptions of me lying on the couch watching soaps while eating bon-bons was shattered! I know he was mostly joshing with me. He's very involved with the kids, but unless you're in it 24/7, it's hard to explain exactly what it is that a SAHM does. I guess that's why those stupid threads on the subject are so annoying. 5th grade homework alone takes up 2 1/2 to 5 hours...a night.

Anyone have any exciting weekend plans?

After a busy week, after the kids swimming tonight it's pizza and watching Thor.
Thanks!

Ha - I hear you about the DHs. No matter how involved the working parent is, it is different to be the one in charge of the homestead and kiddos 24/7. Holy cow re: 5th grade homework - not looking forward to that!!

We're headed to NY tomorrow for my niece's 3rd bday party. Fingers crossed I don't go into labor on the Jersey Turnpike!! (just kidding!)

Sounds like a fun family night - hope you guys get to relax a bit this weekend!

Old 09-16-2011, 07:24 AM

13,410 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Morning all!

Dammit txt, I had to skim over the posts because I couldn't take all the shouting. Stop yelling please, it stresses me out. I don't need all that right now. One or two posts about your frustration is quite enough, thanks.

Zim, I agree. MrFR had the nerve to wink wink nod nod me this morning just because he didn't have to leave until 8. Does he think I have time for all that? On a school morning? Honestly, doesn't matter how much is going on, he thinks he can squeeze it into the schedule, so to speak.

(Yes Dew I know it's great that he still wants to get it on. {Getting in before the MommyDew lecture }. But his timing is awful. )

Ewag - the weather is wonderful. It was so sticky yesterday. Good vibes for the dentist.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:58 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,951,541 times
Morning all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
Fine you don't have to share him but I am curious did he deliver the rent check?
Yes he did!

Quote:
5th grade homework alone takes up 2 1/2 to 5 hours...a night.

Anyone have any exciting weekend plans?
That is too much homework! I'll have to say, I'm glad I'm past the stage of having to monitor it. DS right now is having a few issues in Calculus. He's having to go back and remember some Trig, and the class is going very fast because they are doing Calc 1 and 2 this year.

He's frustrated because it's stupid mistakes on the tests. I told him he needs to talk with the teacher. Just let him know. I try and stay out of things completely now because he needs to handle things on his own.

He felt much better after speaking with the teacher. And the one thing he's realized - he needs to put more time in and study more. He's always breezed through math but came to the conclusion he can't breeze through this! The funny part is, the teacher told him he was the exact same way, and Calculus changed that! So I'm glad he handled it on his own. Just had to do a little nudge is all.

Okay - sorry, got off a little there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
We're headed to NY tomorrow for my niece's 3rd bday party. Fingers crossed I don't go into labor on the Jersey Turnpike!! (just kidding!)
You better not! That would mean no one would win Baby Bingo!

Old 09-16-2011, 08:00 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
5 hours of homework a night!!!???

A pretty average weekend here. Date night tonight which will include refrigerator shopping. 2 soccer games at the same time tomorrow, church... the usual.

txt, look at this as a learning experience. Next time, insist on a written Rx. Better yet, get some insurance and go to a regular doctor.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:00 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Have fun, and tell LME to stay put!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Zim, I agree. MrFR had the nerve to wink wink nod nod me this morning just because he didn't have to leave until 8. Does he think I have time for all that? On a school morning? Honestly, doesn't matter how much is going on, he thinks he can squeeze it into the schedule, so to speak.
Bwahaha! Yup, working from home sure has its ups and downs.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:42 AM

OK ladies, I have made a truly awful website so we can keep track of LME's baby pool.

Wix.com EwagsBabyBingo created by BruceCleo based on world-wide-band

Please let me know who to add if you aren't on there.

Bewarned, it really is terrible. But I'll keep working on it.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:42 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
ewag -- good luck at the dentist.

Zimob - I wish we had fun weekend plans. No specific plans but I'm sure my weekend will involve flooring construction. I'm trying to not complain. Hubby is making amazing progress. It's getting done faster than any previous project!

txt --- I wouldn't call again. I'd drive down there in person and wait for my prescription.

Quote:
Thanks for giving me a great laugh to start my day!

Old 09-16-2011, 08:49 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,951,541 times
Quote:
OK ladies, I have made a truly awful website so we can keep track of LME's baby pool.

Wix.com EwagsBabyBingo created by BruceCleo based on world-wide-band

Please let me know who to add if you aren't on there.

Bewarned, it really is terrible. But I'll keep working on it.
omg Fin - that is hilarious, yo.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:53 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Coop - homework sucks. They keep telling us it should only take an hour, but if we could sit with them and make sure they are on track, yadda, yadda.... The good thing is all the kids are apparently in the same boat. DS is a relatively smart cookie, so we'll have to see. There's no way they can sustain this though, it's too much.

Fin - that is awesome yo'! It needs some music though.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
omg Fin - that is hilarious, yo.
Quote:
Coop - homework sucks. They keep telling us it should only take an hour, but if we could sit with them and make sure they are on track, yadda, yadda.... The good thing is all the kids are apparently in the same boat. DS is a relatively smart cookie, so we'll have to see. There's no way they can sustain this though, it's too much.

Fin - that is awesome yo'! It needs some music though.
Hehe... why yes, yes it does. Shall I put my Rob Zombie Howard Stern track on there, Zim?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting