Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2011, 10:35 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,903,743 times

Advertisements

Hopes- The Wii sports games are a good time - like getting a workout without feeling like you are working out, y'know? And the Wii will heckle you if you don't exercise on it frequently enough to meet whatever goals you set for yourself. At one point it asked me if I was able to walk without tripping because I scored so poorly on a balance test.

I HATE exercising and do much better with the stuff that feels like fun. BTW, the paint ball sounds awesome!!

Old 09-16-2011, 10:37 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Oh, Ewag you naughty, smokin hot even while pregnant, don't take no guff off no whiners, woman you!
I'll be that's why the dentist tied her shoes too!

Old 09-16-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
Sorry I haven't been keeping up with everyone. I started feeling a bit off last weekend and by yesterday at lunch time, I could barely keep my head up. I just feel horrible. I am hoping that whatever this is passes quickly. Heading back to bed. If I don't come back on, have a good weekend everyone.
Sorry you don't feel well! I hope you feel better soon!

Old 09-16-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I'll be that's why the dentist tied her shoes too!
Hahaha - this is funnier than you know, since I am in a dark-circles-under-eyes, hair-in-a-bun, look-like-I-swallowed-a-beach-ball, lucky-I-took-a-shower phase right now!

Old 09-16-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
BTW, the paint ball sounds awesome!!
OMG! It really is! Outdoors. Two big teams in the woods. You crawl around and dive and roll, like soldiers, to capture the other team's flag.

It's THE BEST workout ever. There isn't a muscle in your body that isn't used. And you're panting from it.

I'll never forget when the other team offered for hubby to switch sides so hubby could shoot me because I was complaining during intermission that he wasn't providing me enough cover. It was hillarious.

Good times. Great memories.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Hahaha - this is funnier than you know, since I am in a dark-circles-under-eyes, hair-in-a-bun, look-like-I-swallowed-a-beach-ball, lucky-I-took-a-shower phase right now!
Maybe that's just the thing that turns him on!

Old 09-16-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
OMG! It really is! Outdoors. Two big teams. You crawl around and dive and roll, like soldiers, to capture the other team's flag.

It's THE BEST workout ever. There isn't a muscle in your body that isn't used. And you're panting from it.

I'll never forget when the other team offered for hubby to switch sides so hubby could shoot me because I was complaining during intermission that he wasn't providing me enough cover. It was hillarious.

Good times. Great memories.
Haha - LOVE it! Did he do it???

I've never played, but it sounds similar to laser tag only outside and maybe more physically taxing?? We used to play laser tag in college - ah, the hobbies of big dorks!

Old 09-16-2011, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Maybe that's just the thing that turns him on!
Oh no!! C'mon, man - I've got to go back to this dentist at some point!!

Old 09-16-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Haha - LOVE it! Did he do it???
He didn't dare because it was our wedding anniversary!

Quote:
I've never played, but it sounds similar to laser tag only outside and maybe more physically taxing?? We used to play laser tag in college - ah, the hobbies of big dorks!
Maybe we were just hard core but I think paint balls contribute to making it more physically taxing.

You do NOT want to get shot. Paintballs HURT! Really hurt! Hence all the diving, rolling, and crawling like soldiers.

You have to dress for it too. Even in the summer, you need to wear lots of under layers to protect yourself from being shot.

And of course, I wore combat fatigues and boots too!

Old 09-16-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Maybe we were just hard core but I think paint balls contribute to making it more physically taxing.

You do NOT want to get shot. Paintballs HURT! Really hurt! Hence all the diving, rolling, and crawling like soldiers.

You have to dress for it too. Even in the summer, you need to wear lots of under layers to protect yourself from being shot.

And of course, I wore combat fatigues and boots too!
Hmm, yeah, that would make sense - definitely sounds more taxing.

Re: bolded - Ok, that's just awesome!! You go, girl!

Now I want to go try it!!

ETA: Haha about the wedding anniversary - what a fun way to celebrate!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting