Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2011, 03:50 PM

13,459 posts, read 9,978,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Ten CE Units down, 14 more to go.
I would say yay too, but I don't know what that means.

Old 09-22-2011, 03:53 PM

4,469 posts, read 7,201,001 times
Quote:
Are they at least interesting ones? If you can find one differentiating depression and dementia in the elderly, those are usually fascinating. They manifest similarly, and can be triggered by something as minimal as an asymptomatic UTI.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:04 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,213,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
Are they at least interesting ones? If you can find one differentiating depression and dementia in the elderly, those are usually fascinating. They manifest similarly, and can be triggered by something as minimal as an asymptomatic UTI.
And that is exactly why we in the "elastic waistband set" drink a lot of cranberry juice.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:05 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,124,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I did like him. He was very natural. He needs a little bit of work. My worry is that when they get them out of the amateur kind of setting and start trying to polish them up, that they'll lose whatever endeared you to them in the first place. And that dude, well he's fresh off the bus sober wise so it's a bit tricky. It's a lot of pressure for a newly sober person. OTOH, you can bet your azz they'll make him sign a big contract, and staying sober will be a big clause in it, and they'll probably assign him a sober minder - and if he falls of the wagon, they'll kick him off, because it's too much to bother with for an unknown artist.
I know the competitions are super stressful. Hope it doesn't push him over the edge. This could be just the thing to keep him straight but it could also be the thing that breaks him. Loved his song. Just loved it. I'd buy it right now, raw and flawed. Win or lose, I'm rooting for him to get through LIFE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
Wow. I almost posted pics of some peacock feathers for you to use as color inspiration. If you use the colors right, you can still use the peacock.
What a coincidence! This is exactly where I get afraid to take a risk. Trying to blend vivid, crisp, pure blues with muted burnt oranges scares me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Uh, oh.

Most of my pants have an elastic waist band.
Dew, you're always cool no matter what you wear!

Quote:
I have a friend who has tons of cobalt blue in her home. It is beautiful, but it just isn't "me." My dishes have blues and greens, so I'd like to bring a little blue back into the main living area, but I'm not sure how. Maybe some Pier 1 pillows!
I think Pier 1 pillows may just be the answer!

Quote:
Re becoming old ladies: How old is old? I think once you get to be about 80, you are an old lady, and are going to look like an old lady no matter what you do. I do think people are maybe putting it off longer than they used to... maybe? My parents are in their late 60's. My dad is comfortable in his levis and white tennis shoes. My mom doesn't wear elastic waist pants yet. They listen to good music. My mom has the short hair thing going on. She had long blond hair in her 20's. I can already tell my hair doesn't behave like it used to. Maybe that's why old ladies cut it all off.
I've been staring at little old ladies' heads lately. I think they are wearing it in those short little curls on top of their heads because it thins out and gets "bald" looking due to sparcenss. Maybe we'll have to do it someday, but youre probably right that it's going to closer to our eighties than in our near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Hopes, Do you have Cost Plus World Market in your area? (Did anyone mention that store?) They have got a ton of cool stuff you might like.
I just googled. None in my area. BUT there is an online store! It's totally the type of stuff I like!

I even found a carpet that has burnt oranges and clear blues in it! LOL

http://cpwm.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pCPWM-10586023v300x300.jpg (broken link)

Not necessarily the texture of carpet I want but it's nice to see some possibilities!

I've never dared to do this before but I've decided that I only get to live once and it's time I start surrounding myself with things I love.

Thanks for telling me about this place!

Old 09-22-2011, 04:10 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,200,913 times
They are somewhat interesting (continuing ed units). I find them a little repetitive, though. I'm on track to finish them by my deadline, so at least I'm not stressed about it.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:23 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,213,993 times
Hopes, you SHOULD surround yourself with things you love. You've done a lot for other people. (All those kids in your house you've mothered over the years?) Time to do a few things for Hopes!

I can tell you Cost Plus quality is generally very good. My MIL is addicted to that store. They have a lot of things that were very Hippy-ish in the 60's. She and I can go in there and have a terrific afternoon just looking at all the goodies.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:41 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,754,633 times
Ladies I hope all is well but I have to scream right now

I AM HAVING HORRIBLE BRAXTON HICKS AND I WANT TO RIP THE PAINT OFF MY WALL...

The baby is in a horrible spot and my stomach is hard as a freaking rock..............

BTW NICE RUG! LOVE IT!

Old 09-22-2011, 04:41 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,907,313 times
Quote:
Woo-hoo! Good job!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
Make me jealous, Kibbie, what are you learning about?? Are you a psych/mental health person, too?

There are some interesting amounts of overlap in symptoms of depression and vascular disease in the elderly, as well. I vaguely recall one of my girlfriends did her dissertation on the topic. And apropos of nothing, one of my favorite rotations on internship was Inpatient Geriatric Psych, mainly because of the complicated relationships between physical and mental health as our bodies age.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:43 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,907,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
Ladies I hope all is well but I have to scream right now

I AM HAVING HORRIBLE BRAXTON HICKS AND I WANT TO RIP THE PAINT OFF MY WALL...

The baby is in a horrible spot and my stomach is hard as a freaking rock..............

BTW NICE RUG! LOVE IT!
Oh, honey, I'm sorry!! That is the worst! Are you able to breathe or stretch or is it too painful for that?

Sending you "move, baby, move" thoughts!l

Old 09-22-2011, 04:44 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,754,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Oh, honey, I'm sorry!! That is the worst! Are you able to breathe or stretch or is it too painful for that?

Sending you "move, baby, move" thoughts!l

OMG...it freaking hurts. I tried drinking cold water and keep my mind off of it by reading threads but not working. God forbid Txt drops in, I might just shake the poor girl through the pc screen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting