Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 11:50 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
So much for

You know from posters here that there are many work out side of the house women. You also know, that though it may not have come to your geography, there are plenty of SAHDs. Yet you persist in your all or nothing.

I think this post is completely disingenuous.
I'm going to agree with somebodynew on this one.

How is it a 'self defeating attitude' (your words) to say that each family must choose for themselves? It's the REALITY.

I think you have your own agenda here and it comes across loud and clear.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:53 AM

616 posts, read 854,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
But I like staying home.

I'd only be willing to switch roles if we nationalized vacation time to 12 weeks off per year there.

Oh, AND 30 hour work weeks. No overtime. Plus wardrobe allowance!

Those are my terms. Not open for negotiation. If you meet my terms, you've got a deal!
you'll just fall into that opposite percentage that's staying home now.

no biggie.

are there ANY guys that are SAHD's in here? at all

Old 09-28-2011, 11:53 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 512ATX View Post
What are your thoughts on this, guys? I hear that there are a LOT of SAHD's out there but I've never met or known one in my entire life and would like to get your perspective. please....
For those of us that are SAHM's, we keep on telling you there are plenty of SAHD's out there already. Capiche?

Exactly which careers are exclusively open only to men in 2011?

Old 09-28-2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

How is it a 'self defeating attitude' (your words) to say that each family must choose for themselves? It's the REALITY.

War is reality too. and 90% of Americans wanna stay out of other country's business, but we move forward anyway.

It can work ladies. yall just have to support it.

I mean so much talk is made as to why women can't move up in business, being the top dog, Men stonewalling their growth in business, etc...well this thread is a chance for women to figure out how we can get that done.

I'll support you 100% from my leather sofa with a cold Bud Light....HERE...WE...GO!

Old 09-28-2011, 11:56 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Quote:
you'll just fall into that opposite percentage that's staying home now.

no biggie.
We're going to unionize! You're little dream world isn't going to happen until we all get what we want!

Quote:
There are working single fathers here.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:56 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
I have two on my road. Want me to go knock on their doors? One homeschools, though, so I don't like to interrupt him. (Though I did the day it snowed last winter. He looked kind of rumpled and overwhelmed and I could see he'd been vacuuming when I knocked on the door. So I grabbed the girls for the lesson on "Our Wacky Weather" while he sat and caught his breath. ) Have no idea what the other one does all day. He's down hill and around the corner and I can't see into his house.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:58 AM

Quote:
We're going to unionize! You're little dream world isn't going to happen until we all get what we want!
To unionize you'll need a sponsor. and guess what, your husband is not gona sponsor you on this one...lol

Quote:
btw, it sounds more like you're jealous of women who stay home.
jealous, oh please, save the rhetoric ok?

I'm trying to have some real discussion here.

yall ran up 90 pages in your thread and achieved nothing. not gonna work in here. I wanna talk about results, not excuses and what if"s and what aint's

Old 09-28-2011, 11:59 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,751,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

1,000,0000% agreed. I have been reading through this thread and OP it seems you will never be satisfied with anyones answers.

It is the reality. People should do what is best for their families not because one person feels that society should conform to his/her beliefs of who should stay home and why.

The fact is that in this day and age many couples need two salaries to provide for family, home and medical. If you are lucky by either gender to make a salary that can provide for all of it, feel free to discuss with your spouse about staying home need be or not need be.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:00 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
Quote:

There are working single fathers here.

btw, it sounds more like you're jealous of women who stay home.
Not at all. He wants women to stay home. He wants Leave It To Beaver back. June Cleaver wearing her beautiful skirt, vacuuming (so he doesn't have to). Dressed in heels and an apron cooking dinner. And Mr Big Man bringing home the bacon and watching football with a beer in the evening.

If we women would just stop our belly aching and accept that role which he has cast for us, all would be well. Just like in the 50s.

But little does he know of history that there are REASONS that life does not look like Leave it to Beaver (to whatever degree it ever did).

Old 09-28-2011, 12:01 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
I mean so much talk is made as to why women can't move up in business, being the top dog, Men stonewalling their growth in business, etc...well this thread is a chance for women to figure out how we can get that done.

I'll support you 100% from my leather sofa with a cold Bud Light....HERE...WE...GO!
Provocation 101, Exhibit. A.

Are you looking for a serious discussion about this?

Again, and I'll type slowly....each family should make the choice for themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting