Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 04:28 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,851,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linmora View Post
My sweet little angelic looking son was fairly non verbal at 2 or so. He was and still is tiny for his size and he often envokes the big eyed puss-in-boots response from people. He was a favorite in the daycare facility and would get special treatment from the caregivers (more attention, cute little outfits, etc). He was quite the favorite there.

So this lovely little boy looks at his caregiver and with perfect ennunciation calls her an f***ing b****, the whole place was horrified and I immediately got a call. I had to explain to them that yes I cuss at times but those are not the words they would hear around my house. As they investigated, they found that another little boy was freely using those terms and I was off the hook. I was mortified though. Couldn't the kid at least have learned some other nice words to say. At least I knew at that point that he could talk, lol.
I have a very similar story. When DD was about 2 or 3, I was trying to get her buckled in her car seat while standing in the pouring down rain. She was taking a long time to "get herself comfortable" in the car seat, so I said "come on. We need to hurry." She turned and looked at me and said "f***** off, Mommy." I was so shocked that I drove home completely silent. I found out that there was a little boy in her class who used that word a lot because his Daddy used that word A LOT. I happened to be there when the director was talking to him about the problem and all I hear from the dad is f*** you you **** ***** . i'll ****** sue your a**. And he just kept going for several minutes. This was loud enough for the whole school to hear. The little boy was pulled from the day care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 04:28 PM

1,047 posts, read 3,989,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
Funny thread. My sons Kindergarten teacher had a really embarassing moment at a school function and I really wish I had it on tape. They were singing the "Name Game" and all was going well until they got to little Tucker...Tucker, Tucker bo bucker banana fana fo fuc....you get the idea. All the parents got a good laugh, the teacher looked mortified and the kids thought it was the greatest thing ever. I still catch my son singing it from time to time.
Now that is freaking hilarious!

Old 10-07-2011, 04:59 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,862,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.K. View Post
Now that is freaking hilarious!

Old 10-07-2011, 05:27 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
We were all in the car recently, stopped at a red light. The light changed and from the backseat a small boy's voice says, "Green means go, loser!" I could see my husband wince out of the corner of my eye.

Old 10-07-2011, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
We were all in the car recently, stopped at a red light. The light changed and from the backseat a small boy's voice says, "Green means go, loser!" I could see my husband wince out of the corner of my eye.

Tell us more....

Old 10-07-2011, 05:48 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,885 times
Were now an openly cussing family so its not a big deal anymore so id get told to get it my f***ing self.

Old 10-07-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Were now an openly cussing family so its not a big deal anymore so id get told to get it my f***ing self.

Ooooooo How classy txt!

Old 10-07-2011, 07:46 PM

2,272 posts, read 6,668,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I've heard "idiot" and "moron" too many times from my 5 year old's mouth -- he spends too much time in the car with me.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:30 PM

133 posts, read 183,066 times
Chuckle and pass the potatoes. We don't have "no-no" words in our house. Not even racial slurs... I mean, we emphatically teach the impact of derogatory terms, but we certainly don't "ban" words from our house. Also, I don't believe in "kid words" and "adult words." If I can say the words, so can my kids. Saying f*** doesn't make you lose your innocence. That's such an odd notion to me.

Sorry for all the quote marks. Didn't mean to use quite so many.

Old 10-08-2011, 12:00 PM

1,204 posts, read 2,527,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
I've heard "idiot" and "moron" too many times from my 5 year old's mouth -- he spends too much time in the car with me.
This is funny! One of my daughters first words was idiot. I used it quite often while driving and one day someone cut me off and I as trying my best to not get upset and cuss at them and from the back seat of the car my daughter yelled "idiot!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting