Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 05:17 PM

2,272 posts, read 6,667,294 times

Advertisements

I am happy that we live in such a country, myself. No one should dictate how many kids anyone can have. I am also happy that we are free to express our opinions here about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 05:19 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
QuiverFull Articles

http://www.usask.ca/relst/jrpc/art22(3)-tlc.html

Took two seconds to find these -- there are TONS more. Do you know them personally? Perhaps you have a definitive source that states they are NOT part of the movement?
Both of those seem to be QF groups claiming the Duggars represent them--the second one even says they are the "unofficial spokespeople." That's why I asked. To me, they just look like prolific Christian fundamentalists, but like I said, I haven't seen the show.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:23 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,158,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
I wonder what they do with letters addressed to J. Duggar?

Bet they're pleased about the swing to email over snail mail.

And why do all the kids' names start with J? J for Jesus? Or J for Just Julia?
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrenee View Post
I have posted this before but the Duggar's are my husbands cousins. While I personally would not want to have that many we are happy for them. I don't guess to me having 20 kids is really that big of a deal as my grandmother was one of 21 children, my father 1 of 14 children.

I wish Michelle would share some some of her fertility with me as we have been trying for 10 years to have just one. Never the less they are awesome people and good parents and we are very happy for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Whatever...
Dew is right. The govt has no business telling people what religion they can practice or how many kids they can have. Those freedoms are a couple of things that make this country great. No need to take those freedoms away from everyone because a handful of families choose a lifestyle you don't agree with.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:26 PM

1,230 posts, read 3,175,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
QuiverFull Articles

http://www.usask.ca/relst/jrpc/art22(3)-tlc.html

Took two seconds to find these -- there are TONS more. Do you know them personally? Perhaps you have a definitive source that states they are NOT part of the movement?

Umm yeah I know them personally. I have known them as long as I have been with my husband...which is almost 12 years. Do you know them personally so that you can factually state what their beliefs are???

Old 11-08-2011, 05:29 PM

2,272 posts, read 6,667,294 times
Ok, touche. It is funny, however, that the QF movement seems to say they are. I wonder why they have not done more to make it clear that they are not?

I'm glad they are not in the QF movement -- those people scare the crap out of me.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:30 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,438,358 times
More power to them, if this is there thing, then allright then. Better them then I. Twenty kids, my friends would really think i am bonkers.
Would not want to be pregnant again, it was a very fun time, but then i was very young.
I enjoy the grandchildren.
I would be crazy i am sure.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:36 PM

167 posts, read 476,975 times
I guess one of my biggest concerns is that heaven forbid something happens to the child and mother. An older mom has more risks involved then a mother typically in her 20's. I have no doubt their family would still thrive if God forbid something happen to the mother but I have to wonder if they've really understood how much of a risk she's taking and at what point is it still worth it for her health.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:59 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,350,704 times
At what point do they decide to stop? I won't go into the possible issues, it is very sad to me. I wish them the best, but discretion, and medical science, with empirical evidence suggests that this is not a wise, or healthy choice. And it is a choice, abstinence would solve the issues of being against birth control or elective surgery.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:58 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,811,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
There, there. I'm sure they'll name the next one Julia. Or maybe Julian if it's a boy.
Maybe Jinger is creative spelling for Ginger?

Old 11-08-2011, 07:05 PM

1,397 posts, read 4,845,319 times
We just hit 7 billion mark...and they're having their 20th child!!!Really, how many kids do they need!!!I think this is ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting