Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 03:55 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times

Advertisements

Just for a smile!!!

Okay, I have to share this story....My daughter, Amber, calls me yesterday AM. She and her 2 year old son Robert were laying on the couch watching some tv together. Robert gets up and comes back and hands his mommy a bottle of water and ever so sweetly says, "here mama, I brought you some water". So they continue watching a bit more tv while Amber finishes off the bottle of water. Amber decides it's time for the two of them to take their shower so she takes Robert in the bathroom with her. Suddenly he runs out of the bathroom and soon returns with the empty bottle of water. Then he says to her, "just a second mama, I need to refill the water for you" as he sticks it into the tolet to refill!!!! All Amber could say was "oh no, you didn't". Amber said she did notice an odd flavor once she had finished off the bottle--but thought he'd gotten it from the cooler that was left over from their trip to the desert. UGH!!! Just wanted to make your day!! Life can be full of suprises!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2007, 04:34 PM

88 posts, read 402,023 times
OH. NO. I would DIE. And that's totally something my kids would do.
I really hope she doesn't get sick though. I have to say, I'd be temped to get the ipecac out.

Old 07-02-2007, 04:47 PM

To be honest, I think the only thing that will make her sick is the thought of it!! I have heard that toilet water isn't going to kill a person...but it sure sounds awful. I only posted this thread so perhaps others could share their experiences with their children. A way to bring a smile to others. I think we all can use a good laugh now and then!!

Last edited by cynwldkat; 07-02-2007 at 05:01 PM..

Old 07-02-2007, 05:59 PM

7,998 posts, read 12,279,193 times
From one veteran Mom to another, yup, we can all relate!!!

Old 07-02-2007, 09:51 PM

206 posts, read 939,143 times
That's funny. But, I do feel bad for your daughter!!!

Old 07-03-2007, 11:28 AM

Location: Phoenix...until next week, then Maryland...tick tock tick tock
169 posts, read 607,940 times
Oh UGH!!

*wretch* *GAG*

I could so see my son doing that... >.<

OOOh! I just remembered...I have a fun story too...

My son is playing in the living room...he's probably about 10 or 11 months or so at this point. I am in the kitchen making his bottle...he's on formula at this point, so all I have to do is measure the water, powder & then shake. Shouldn't take more than a minute or so...plus, I can look over the bar/counter & see him playing in the living room.

He has a crib with a changing table/drawers/shelf unit thing attached (all 1 piece). He has just learned how to move the blanket hanging over the shelves & start pulling stuff off the shelves. I had recently taken all the "dangerous" items off the shelves because of this.

While I'm in process of making his formula, I look up to check on him & I see a bunch of little brown things by the shelves...my son is sitting next to them as well. I think "Oh, crap, I must have missed something on the shelves!" I begin racking my brain to figure out what I could've missed. I think I may have even asked him what he was playing with (distract before he tries to eat the small objects!!!) while I try to pause my formula-making process to go over & remove the small objects.

At this point, from the corner of my eye, I see the dog dart for cover (chihuahua)... Puzzled, I then return my gaze to the little brown things my son is playing with....

Yes.

It is dog poo p. AAACK!!!

I vault the baby gate, run over & retrieve the doggie poo from my son's hands...thinking I hope he didn't do what he does with everything else...& look up at my son's little brown smile....

EW EW EW EW!!!

There is little that is more fun than holding your kid over the bathroom sink & trying to rinse dog poo p out of his mouth. Ugh.

My dad thought it was funny, tho...

Old 07-03-2007, 12:26 PM

poo does seem to delite those wee ones!! And watching us parents run so fast and act so (funny?). Ahhh, those were the good years. I am now a grandmother and only get to hear those stories and not experience them. I guess that's a good thing...but I do miss my babies!! These kinds of stories will be passed on for a lifetime!!! Thanks for your story...it was a good one!!!

Old 07-07-2007, 01:06 PM

Come on--there must be a ton of good stories people can share. If nothing else just to put a smile on someones face!!

Old 07-09-2007, 04:36 PM

718 posts, read 2,361,657 times
My 5 year old son is going thru this stage where he is asking a trillion questions a day. Most of them usually start out like, "If you do this or that, will you die?" He really seems to be pre-occupied with death or dying for some reason. (One of our dogs died a after our recent move to Texas). Since the death of Sampson, our black lab, we have been keeping Hannah, a lab retriever mix, in the house a lot (with all the rain we have had in central Texas).

Almost daily I will get the question, "If you swallow toothpaste, will you die?", or "will frogs make you die?", "If you eat grass will you die?", those kind of things. Well, Saturday, was hot, my husband was out of town, so we were bumming around the house, the dog was inside. I was on the computer, my son was in the master bathroom, with the door closed, (I know, I'm asking for trouble) but they prefer my bathroom to do their business than theirs. Finally, my son comes out with the question, "If I cut Hannah's hair, will she die?" I go running into the bathroom, the is black dog hair flying in the air, all over the place. My son has climbed up on toilet to get the clippers out of the cabinet. My dog has a big, hairless gash on the top of her head, and a strip of no hair going down her back. When asked why he did it, my son said,"you are always fussing about Hannah's hairs all over the house, I was just trying to get rid of them for you". It was hard to be mad after that!

Old 07-09-2007, 05:20 PM

1,354 posts, read 6,379,620 times
LMAO!!!! That is so funny. My mom caught my sister 'refilling' her bottle in the toilet when she was a toddler.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting