Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2011, 04:29 PM

127 posts, read 200,479 times

Advertisements

I'm just wondering what you guys think would have been some of the most useful things to have known back when you were young enough for that knowledge to have made a difference(or at least prevented you from a lot of the troubles or regrets that happened). Perhaps things that you believe that your own children should have a right to be educated with.

One thing I wish I had known when I was younger is the importance of having a good work ethic in general, and I could elaborate on this further but would like to give the show over to you guys

Last edited by aspiring_natural; 11-25-2011 at 04:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2011, 04:50 PM

13,980 posts, read 25,937,803 times
This was a recent subject. Maybe you would like to add to it?

//www.city-data.com/forum/paren...y-what-do.html

Old 11-25-2011, 06:55 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,518,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiring_natural View Post
I'm just wondering what you guys think would have been some of the most useful things to have known back when you were young enough for that knowledge to have made a difference(or at least prevented you from a lot of the troubles or regrets that happened). Perhaps things that you believe that your own children should have a right to be educated with.

One thing I wish I had known when I was younger is the importance of having a good work ethic in general, and I could elaborate on this further but would like to give the show over to you guys
That it would not be the things I did in my life I'd regret but rather the ones I didn't do. I wish I'd realized the importance of friends and realized that they leave if you don't nurture friendships. I wish I could go back and tell my younger self to never let yourself get too busy for friends. You miss them when they're gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting