Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 12:21 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I am GUESSING that maybe the girl smacked is a$$, which sounds somewhat like normal horseplay, and sounds like a game a lot of the kids play. Maybe he over-reacted to that?? I really don't have a clear picture of what happened. But I don't agree with the posters who automatically right it off as nothing, or worse yet, the fault of the girl.
I agree. I think I remember a thread a while back about a boy being "pantsed" at school. I know I waffled about that. Pantsing (pulling someone's pants down) was a fad when I was in junior high, and I remember worrying that it would happen to me. That would have been awful. I know it happened to some kids, but I think suspension (one or two days?) is the worst anyone got, so as an adult I want to say, "That happened when I was a kid, and we survived." But then another part of me thinks about it and believes no, that is not okay.

I'll see if I can find it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 12:21 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I would really like to know what actually happened, which probably won't happen, so in lieu of that I would be content with a clear explanation from the OP as to what she believes happened. Her picture of reality. Right now it's not clear to me.

Her son said he put the girl in a headlock to make her apologize for hitting him. What if that was what actually happened? What if the boy's story, "Mom I got in trouble at school because this girl was hitting me and I put her in a headlock," is the simple truth of it? And, as someone suggested, there was a tussle afterward that was witnessed and misjudged? Parents up in arms, horrified onlookers (as we are spectators in this thread), swift and terrible justice laid upon the perverted bully.

We have had several threads about young boys being physically bullied in school by girls. Some parents have told their son to hit back (never first) or given them permission to defend themselves. If someone is attacking you, and you don't want to run away, what might be a good way to make your attacker stop or be unable to hurt you?

I am not calling the little girl a bully. I don't know what happened, and the OP's posts have been difficult to follow. We don't have the whole story.

Well, first thing she said was "he participated in Smack A** Friday".

Then she went on to say, "I wish it was just the butt.." and says he also put the girl in a headlock.

Where did you read the OP that he did this to "make her apologize"?? I may have missed it, but I don't think the OP said that.

You are right, we don't know the whole story, and somehow I doubt our OP will be back.

But we do know this...

Clearly the boy has acted inappropriately and is well past the age when he should have been taught this is not the way to treat people, especially girls.

Old 12-05-2011, 12:29 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coco29 View Post
No it goes further 1 parent was concerned and the other 1 was witnessed by staff....I wish it was just the butt....he plays a lot & said he was playn by puttn 1 grl in the headlock and makn her apologize for hitting him but I've been told he pushed her up against the wall & touched her....he admitted that both times were the butt & they were playn with the other incident....the alternate school can't even control the students there...ie bullies, selln pills @ school, fighters....my son will be ate alive, he is almost an A student never been suspended EVER, & is well liked by his teachers IDK What 2 do
IF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED WITH MY GIRLS I JUST WOULD HAVE CALLED THE PARENTS MYSELF...or if it happened 2 me @ that age I would have (did) pull hiss pants fown & smacked him
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

Then she went on to say, "I wish it was just the butt.." and says he also put the girl in a headlock.

Where did you read the OP that he did this to "make her apologize"?? I may have missed it, but I don't think the OP said that.

You are right, we don't know the whole story, and somehow I doubt our OP will be back.

But we do know this...

Clearly the boy has acted inappropriately and is well past the age when he should have been taught this is not the way to treat people, especially girls.
I don't even know what that last part means. Maybe it was "only" the butt but the "I wish that was all" was referring to the headlock??? When I read it before I thought she meant that he touched her somewhere other than the butt.

Old 12-05-2011, 12:31 PM

2,718 posts, read 5,358,488 times
Quote:

Right here...
Quote:
Originally Posted by coco29 View Post
No it goes further 1 parent was concerned and the other 1 was witnessed by staff....I wish it was just the butt....he plays a lot & said he was playn by puttn 1 grl in the headlock and makn her apologize for hitting him but I've been told he pushed her up against the wall & touched her....he admitted that both times were the butt & they were playn with the other incident....the alternate school can't even control the students there...ie bullies, selln pills @ school, fighters....my son will be ate alive, he is almost an A student never been suspended EVER, & is well liked by his teachers IDK What 2 do
IF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED WITH MY GIRLS I JUST WOULD HAVE CALLED THE PARENTS MYSELF...or if it happened 2 me @ that age I would have (did) pull hiss pants fown & smacked him

There were two events here according to the OP: the first one was that he put the girl in a headlock in order to get her to apologize for hitting him. The second one was that he put her against a wall and touched her.

ETA: I get the vibe that the OP is more upset that her son was expelled than the behavior he engaged in to get there.

Old 12-05-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleasach View Post
Right here...

There were two events here according to the OP: the first one was that he put the girl in a headlock in order to get her to apologize for hitting him. The second one was that he put her against a wall and touched her.
I thought that was all one incident. It really isn't clear.

Old 12-05-2011, 12:36 PM

2,718 posts, read 5,358,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I thought that was all one incident. It really isn't clear.
It's pretty clear to me. The first sentence of the OP says her son was expelled for inappropriately touching TWO girls.

Old 12-05-2011, 12:42 PM

Quote:
It's pretty clear to me. The first sentence of the OP says her son was expelled for inappropriately touching TWO girls.
Yes, I see that, but all in one sentence she refers to "her" as if he admitted he put her in a headlock, but he hadn't admitted he pushed her against the wall.

"he plays a lot & said he was playn by puttn 1 grl in the headlock and makn her apologize for hitting him but I've been told he pushed her up against the wall & touched her.."

Old 12-05-2011, 12:43 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Right here...

ETA: I get the vibe that the OP is more upset that her son was expelled than the behavior he engaged in to get there.
Got it, thanks

This is what I think happened based on stitching together the OP's comments...

Her son and other boys were spanking some girls.

One girl apparently hit him back for spanking her.

He put the girl in a headlock and touched her on either her breasts or possibly made her face go down onto his crotch.

All one incident like rkb0305 said.

An adult witnessed the whole thing and viola' he is expelled for "inappropriate touching".

If I'm wrong I hope the OP will correct me, but that's my 2 cents.

Old 12-05-2011, 01:15 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Quote:
Her son and other boys were spanking some girls.

One girl apparently hit him back for spanking her.
Or she smacked his ass. Nothing indicates that "spank ass fridays" is only the guys spanking the girls. It very well could be unisex "spank ass fridays."

Old 12-05-2011, 02:11 PM

It is interesting how we all read the same thing and interpreted it so differently. I hope to OP comes back to explain it better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting