U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 06:31 PM

1,204 posts, read 2,393,048 times

Advertisements

My daugher wears a nightgown or top & bottom pj set. She also sleeps with a sheet and comforter. She sleeps hot, so she doesn't like a lot of blankets
Rate this post positively

Old 12-12-2011, 06:46 PM

1,576 posts, read 2,802,963 times
My son wears boxer shorts and a t-shirt. My daughter wears a man's large oversized long-on-her t-shirt and undies. If it's cold she wears her boyfriends old flannel pj bottoms.

Old 12-12-2011, 06:54 PM

9,285 posts, read 19,516,815 times
My Son(15) sleep naked, with a heavy blanket on top.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:47 AM

47,527 posts, read 66,020,724 times
It depends on the season. In the summer, my house is hot, in the winter it's cold. In the summer they might just sleep in boxers or t-shirts. In the winter, sweatshirts and sweatpants or the lounge-pants. In the summer they might sleep on the sheets or with a sheet but in the winter several blankets or in or under a sleeping bag.

They've been known to sleep in their clothes but once over age 4, I'm not going to fight about what they want to wear to bed.

Old 12-13-2011, 02:33 AM

43,011 posts, read 102,388,757 times
The matching PJs were when they were little. But mine sleep hot and sweat up the bed. It didn't take me long to realize PJs weren't for them. They mostly sleep in their undies. When sick, they tend to wear sweat pants and sweat shirts and every blanket. Of course sheets. The types of blankets change regularly. We all have a down comforter with a duvet, soft fleece blankets, and quilts for each bed.

What they sleep in and what bedding was really up to them. I never cared if they sleep in their clothes as long as they weren't dirty clothes. If they changed into clean shorts and a tshirt for bed, I certainly didn't care.

Old 12-13-2011, 06:57 AM

2,814 posts, read 6,520,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidxen View Post
Time for a lite inconsequential thread.

What do your kids wear to sleep in.

When I was a lad (ah don't you just love reminiscing about the past) we all wore matching top and bottom pyjamas. In summer short pant and short sleeve and in winter long flannelette pjs. In summer the girls wore short nighties and in winter often the same long pant style pjs as the boys.

Now it seems much greater range and the matching PJ sets are out of fashion.

Do your kids wear undies to sleep in?

And while we are at it, bedding. Do your kids sleep with sheets and blankets or just a doonah?
Interesting question, Aidxen?!?!

Last edited by gimme it; 12-13-2011 at 07:09 AM..

Old 12-13-2011, 07:46 AM

356 posts, read 857,414 times
My kids (4 and 8) usually wear PJs and undies or a pull-up. Every now and then the 8-year old will wear yoga pants and a t-shirt to bed if she puts them on after an early shower or a shower at the pool after swimming class. The 4 year esp. is still at an age where PJs=bedtime. It is part of the routine and signals a change. I try to buy PJs a size too big and have the kids wear them until they are a bit too small, because who really cares if PJs fit perfectly. I also will sometimes pair a plain t-shirt with long pajama pants from the winter rather than buy summer PJs.

As far as bedding, my kids sleep with a bottom (fitted) sheet and a quilt or comforter. They never really seemed to care about the top sheet and most of the time it would end up crumpled at the foot of the bed, so I just stopped using them. Our cleaning lady changes the bottom sheets and pillow cases every 2 weeks. I wash the quilts/ comforters about once a month or when neccessary.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:51 AM

25,906 posts, read 40,270,871 times
We keep the house fairly cold at night in the winter (I think the thermostat goes down to 63), so most of the beds have flannel or fleece sheets and lots of blankets. My older daughter just has a fitted sheet and a down comforter she sleeps with year-round.

7-year-old: Two-piece pajamas, either longjohn-type or traditional, button up style.

14-year-old: Two-piece traditional pajamas, usually flannel.

15-year-old: Tank top, usually some kind of pajama pant.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:52 AM

1,279 posts, read 4,519,884 times
Pjs in the cooler months, a t-shirt or just diapers when it's warmer.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:13 AM

11,495 posts, read 24,841,950 times
My kids both sleep in pj's or nightgowns. They've got tons of blankets on their beds, but most nights some of the blankets get pushed to the floor.

In warmer weather, my youngest usually sleeps in a camisole and underpants. She wears the shorts kind so they cover pretty much everything that a little pair of shorts would cover.

My kids have their own rooms but they usually sleep together in my oldest's bed. I bought her a full-size bed so that she had room for her sister and the dog to all snuggle up in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting