U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 08:17 AM

2,825 posts, read 6,594,305 times

Advertisements

5 year old girl: Usually 2 piece pajamas, sometimes an adult shirt as a nightgown, sometimes a real nightgown. She does NOT like to wear unders to bed at all.

2 year old girl: Usually 2 piece pajamas, sometimes one piece footie pajamas. Still wears a diaper.

Both kids use sheets + quilt for their beds.
Rate this post positively

Old 12-13-2011, 08:21 AM

11,642 posts, read 22,527,370 times
We live in a warm climate so my boys wear underwear to sleep. If it gets cool in the winter they may wear a long sleeved t shirt. They all sleep with comforters with their fans on.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:02 AM

2,814 posts, read 6,519,742 times
I'm sorry, but I have to say this: I am surprised that so many of you are answering this question.
Maybe it's just me, but I cannot imagine my husband coming on a message board like this this and asking people whether their children sleep in their "undies" or not. Why would a grown man ask these questions? Maybe it's reverse sexism on my part, but I find it inappropriate. I might not think twice if it was group of women discussing it, but coming from a man...

Old 12-13-2011, 11:12 AM

11,642 posts, read 22,527,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
I'm sorry, but I have to say this: I am surprised that so many of you are answering this question.
Maybe it's just me, but I cannot imagine my husband coming on a message board like this this and asking people whether their children sleep in their "undies" or not. Why would a grown man ask these questions? Maybe it's reverse sexism on my part, but I find it inappropriate. I might not think twice if it was group of women discussing it, but coming from a man...
I am not sure what the harm is.

Old 12-13-2011, 11:26 AM

6,183 posts, read 7,474,899 times
Quote:

Dude its Aidxen, we EXPECT some slight weirdness from the man and you know that we ALL in the back of our heads question if he is for real or not.

Old 12-13-2011, 12:04 PM

24,849 posts, read 33,867,114 times
I also thought the underwear part of the question was a little strange. So was the answer about the 15 yo (?) sleeping naked. How does one even know that??

Old 12-13-2011, 12:53 PM

9,284 posts, read 19,510,964 times
I'm a single Dad, I see him walking from his bedroom in the morning to the shower, and he's naked. Unless he gets up and takes off his boxer in his room, then walks the 6' to the bathroom. I would think he's sleeping naked. I don't care one way or another what he sleeps in.

Old 12-13-2011, 02:35 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,519,742 times
I didn't mean to start anything here. However, I did want to express my uncomfortableness with the original questions.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:19 PM

1,492 posts, read 3,039,744 times
Quote:
That is an interesting observation in it's own right.

There has been increasing pressure (if that's the right word for it) for men to take an active role in parenting but at the same time....but..... there are these concerns that people have. Like it's expected that the fathers should take the kids down to the park and kick the ball but as for some other things... .... well best left to the mothers.

I enjoy discussing things on these boards. I tossed the question in about undies because it seems that my kids are wearing undies to sleep in. When I was a kid, we never did.

I am hardly likely to sit down with a mate at the pub and lean one one elbow and say "look mate, do your kids wear undies under their PJ's". But to me that is one of the advantages of these forums.

If you don't want to answer it, don't answer it.

And as textqueen said. Expect a little weirdness from me. In hindsight, it would have been interesting to ask what did others here wearwhen they were the same age as their kids. It's not life changing stuff. Just interesting to see how we have changed with both time and geography.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:35 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,677,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidxen View Post
That is an interesting observation in it's own right.

There has been increasing pressure (if that's the right word for it) for men to take an active role in parenting but at the same time....but..... there are these concerns that people have. Like it's expected that the fathers should take the kids down to the park and kick the ball but as for some other things... .... well best left to the mothers.

I enjoy discussing things on these boards. I tossed the question in about undies because it seems that my kids are wearing undies to sleep in. When I was a kid, we never did.

I am hardly likely to sit down with a mate at the pub and lean one one elbow and say "look mate, do your kids wear undies under their PJ's". But to me that is one of the advantages of these forums.

If you don't want to answer it, don't answer it.

And as textqueen said. Expect a little weirdness from me. In hindsight, it would have been interesting to ask what did others here wearwhen they were the same age as their kids. It's not life changing stuff. Just interesting to see how we have changed with both time and geography.
And here you thought you were starting a nice, inconsequential, non-controversial thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting