Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 02:18 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
Not really "still" in, as they just made a big comeback with a new show on Nickelodeon. FWIW, it's not nearly as painful to watch as the original, lol.

It does seem though that the availability of the toys is still rather limited.
Do you know if they still look the same, or have they been revamped/reinvented?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 02:23 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,687,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Do you know if they still look the same, or have they been revamped/reinvented?
The story line is completely different, but shares some of the same elements. The characters are also similar but a little different. It's now called Power Ranger Samurai.

They still have the Megazord and "Bulk" from the original is on the show as well in pretty much the same role.

Old 12-16-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
The story line is completely different, but shares some of the same elements. The characters are also similar but a little different. It's now called Power Ranger Samurai.

They still have the Megazord and "Bulk" from the original is on the show as well in pretty much the same role.
Awwww...thanks for posting, that really takes me back

So I'm guessing the toys are a little different too.

Old 12-16-2011, 02:37 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,011,117 times
Every year I set up an Amazon Wish List for my kids, but they don't know about it. I get stuff for them that they put on their list, but I create the Amazon list for grandparents, aunts and uncles.

Every year, my kids are amazed by how COOL the relatives are and HOW WELL THEY KNOW ME AND WHAT I LIKE!!!

Old 12-16-2011, 02:40 PM

1,677 posts, read 2,487,393 times
It's fun seeing kid's faces too, when they have a gift to give. My dd made me an ornament for the tree. It was supposed to be a surprise but she was so excited she let it slip. When she finally brought it home, she couldn't wait for me to open it. It was a little Christmas tree shaped ornament made out of construction paper, with a little picture of her in the middle wearing reindeer antlers, and she glued buttons and sequins all around it. She was so proud of it, and so excited to give me a gift. That ornament will probably be on my tree when she's away at college.

The gift I can't wait to see her open is a Princess Tiana doll. She's wanted it ever since the Princess and the Frog movie came out, and now she finally is going to get it.

Old 12-16-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
Every year I set up an Amazon Wish List for my kids, but they don't know about it. I get stuff for them that they put on their list, but I create the Amazon list for grandparents, aunts and uncles.

Every year, my kids are amazed by how COOL the relatives are and HOW WELL THEY KNOW ME AND WHAT I LIKE!!!
What a smart mom you are!!

I bet your relatives really appreciate the way you help them look good too

Old 12-16-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Awwww...thanks for posting, that really takes me back

So I'm guessing the toys are a little different too.
My early Power Rangers knowledge is a little limited in terms of toys as I was a little too old for the first go around. Though from what I remember they are very similar, just updated with the new look. I feel bad for the actors in the show though as they aren't the actual action figures, the figures all have generic faces. Talk about getting beat on your merchandising cut, lol.

Old 12-16-2011, 03:02 PM

Ooohhh, two more things, one that may make you cry, lol.

First, I forgot the best part of the diner story. My wife had bugged me for a week to go up in the attic and put the thing together so it would be ready for Christmas. Well, I stubbornly told her it wouldn't be a big deal to put it together that night and since we had already put everything else together it wouldn't interfere.

So, we head off on Christmas Eve to my in-laws (a 30 minute drive) and stay there until almost 10pm before dragging our sleeping bundles home. Get the kids tucked in and we start bringing down the presents. I kept ignoring the diner, instead setting up all the Transformers I knew my son would love in a giant battle scene.

Around 11:30pm I sit down to assemble the diner, should take 30 minutes I tell my wife. Well, I start working on it and after about 10 minutes realize that I should really use the screw gun as the plastic was really thick with no pre-drilled holes. Grab the scew gun, first one goes in ZIIIPPP. Second one and the power drill goes...completely dead halfway in. Go to grab the other battery, no dice, I forgot to plug in the charger.

So, it's now around midnight and my wife hops in the car for a one hour roundtrip to her parents house to get her dad's screw gun, which is always fully charged replete with multiple batteries ready to go at a moments notice. I do what I can while she is gone which mostly involved eating cookies and watching TV since everything else was already done.

She gets back around 1am and I get back to work. Finally, by around 3:30am it's done and my wife and I collapse for what felt like 5 minutes before my son woke up, lol.

Now the crying part...

Last night my wife and I were talking in the kitchen about what we had left to buy and were going over the finances. We agreed that we had spent a little more money then we had planned to and that we needed to cut back on some things because we were running out of cash.

About 15 minutes later I was carrying laundry upstairs and found my son in his room. I popped my head in to see what he was up to and he was sitting on his bed with his piggy bank (which had just recently been emptied and deposited in his account). He took the one thing in it, a Chuck E. Cheese token and handed it to me. I asked him what it was for and he said, "you and mommy are out of money, so I wanted to give you mine." He then handed me a rubber band and said to put that around the money so I wouldn't lose it.

Choking back the tears I explained to him that we weren't out of money it was just that we had spent more than we had planned to and couldn't buy all the things we wanted to. He then asked if we were poor because we couldn't buy all the things that we wanted. I then explained that people have all different amounts of money and that we were more fortunate than some, but less fortunate than others. With the amount of money we had, we paid first for all the things we need like the house, electricity, food, etc. and what was left over we used to buy things that we want, but we don't always have enough to buy all the things we want.

I walked out of his room holding the coin and rubber band (which are now in my wallet, FOREVER) and told my wife what he said and we both had a cry.

Old 12-16-2011, 03:06 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
^^^^^ Goosebumps!

Old 12-16-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
^^^^^ Goosebumps!
Seriously, and a few tears
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting