Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 04:40 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,872,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
No matter how much you disagree with which college your son decides he will attend, you don't stand up and berate the poor kid in front of the world. Honestly, the poor kid should disown his mother!
Top recruit
I think there are far worse moms out there. In her defense, the news guy did ask for her opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 04:53 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
That wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting after reading the title of the thread and the text under the video. She should be more supportive, yes, but it wasn't THAT bad.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:38 PM

1,282 posts, read 1,904,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
eh, I didn't think her comment was all that bad (I thought by thread title there was going to be cursing and degrading him). Although she wishes he choose LSU, I am sure she still supports his decision. She is allowed to voice her opinion on the matter, and truthfully, since she was asked.

Congrats to the player, I am sure he will do well at Bama
She should have stood up and stated clearly that this is my boy and I 100% stand behind his decision and, although I am an LSU fan, I will be rolling with the tide for the next 4 years and be at every home game he plays. I love my state, love my Tigers but love my son more.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:14 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,425,882 times
hmm I dont remember her saying that she WOULDN'T be at any of his home games or that she didn't support him or that she didn't love her son:/ People are reading into this far too much and taking her FEELINGS on the situation way too seriously.

When you have a child who is about to leave the area where he grew up and where she enjoyed watching him play ball and be questioned about it on the spot, then you can decide how YOU feel when people judge you on you respond to your child's school of choice. She is allowed to feelings of thinking LSU would have been better, just like he is allowed to make the decision to not go to LSU. Just because they have different opinions on the situation doesn't mean they don't support and love one another. Some of you are acting as though she told him on live tv that he was a dirtbag for picking Alabama over LSU.

Old 01-07-2012, 03:19 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times
Good grief, all she did was say she thought LSU would be better for him. She is entitled to her opinion. She did not rant or rave. She just prefers LSU. Maybe she would prefer for him not to go away for college because she loves having him home or close. Maybe she figures she will see less of him if he goes that far away.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:02 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,139,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Good grief, all she did was say she thought LSU would be better for him. She is entitled to her opinion. She did not rant or rave. She just prefers LSU. Maybe she would prefer for him not to go away for college because she loves having him home or close. Maybe she figures she will see less of him if he goes that far away.
She owed it to him to stand by him no matter what he decided or at least keep the disagreement in the family and not on TV.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:05 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
She owed it to him to stand by him no matter what he decided or at least keep the disagreement in the family and not on TV.
Why should she be dishonest when the reporter *asked* her opinion? This is making a mountain out of a molehill. She didn't rant and rave, just quietly stated her opinion.

Old 01-07-2012, 06:17 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,319,202 times
Ha ha, I think it's funny. She's southern, southern mamas don't hold back, honey.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:14 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,410,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Sorry, I watched the video, I did not see any berating, nor did she stand up. She was asked by the commentator about her feelings. Was she supposed to lie?? Didn't hurt the kid any.
This. The woman's entitled to her opinion. And you saw the smirk on his face, as if he knew that's how his mother felt about it. I expected her to make a real scene based on the OPs words.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:33 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,758,112 times
I saw nothing "disgusting" about this video. So what the mother disagrees. The guy asked her opinion and she gave it. Sure she could have had more tact and smiled and agreed, but atleast she was honest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting