Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 09:28 AM

986 posts, read 1,666,460 times

Advertisements

Did anyone watch yesterday's Modern Family? That was a perfect example of when I would have laughed, even though it was not appropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
A few weeks ago, my 3yo was supposed to be cleaning up toys while I cooked dinner. At one point, I had to say "Buddy, focus! Clean up your toys now." His response, very matter-of-fact was: "No, mommy, you focus. Focus on tacos." (He did clean up the toys, though).
Hilarious...so is the "He's breathing my air"...I'm going to need help when I have kids
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 10:22 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,903,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grneyedmustang View Post

Hilarious...so is the "He's breathing my air"...I'm going to need help when I have kids
A buddy of ours says about his kids: "I keep getting older and slower; they keep getting faster and smarter!"

Another related funny thing is all of the things you find yourself saying that you never thought you would. For example, "don't lick the cat, please."

Old 01-20-2012, 10:47 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,144,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
I'm fine with kids acting silly or playing practical jokes, as long as no one gets hurt.

What I don't find funny is when children are mean and hit people and the parents watch it and don't tell them it is wrong. When I see clips on America's Funniest Videos that show kids hitting or kicking others, especially their parents, and everyone laughs, I don't think it's funny at all. In essence, the children are being rewarded for bad behavior.
That damn show scares me. Can you image the videos that don't make it on the show?

Old 01-20-2012, 11:08 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,144,742 times
I think kids being mischievous is one of the joys of parenting. It may not be funny at the time but definitely one of those things that you laugh about later. I am not talking about snotty or ill behavior but testing limits. That is what kids do. As a parent you need a sense of humor.

Many years ago my SIL was hosting a birthday party for one of her kids. She went to use the camera and the film was full. She had just bought it and asked the kids if they had gotten a hold of the camera. Of course they denied it. She was upset as there was no time to run out and get more film. Curiosity got the better of her and she got the roll developed. 23 pictures of carpeting, walls, ceilings but in the last photo, the kids had taken a picture of a wall with a mirror. Their reflection was caught in the photo. There were the two of them grinning having a good ole time snapping up the film. She saved that picture.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:09 PM

986 posts, read 1,666,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
I think kids being mischievous is one of the joys of parenting. It may not be funny at the time but definitely one of those things that you laugh about later. I am not talking about snotty or ill behavior but testing limits. That is what kids do. As a parent you need a sense of humor.
That's very true.

My parents took a picture of me when I was 4 and had gotten hold of a jar of vaseline and covered myself in it from head to toe. That picture is still hilarious to this day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain

Another related funny thing is all of the things you find yourself saying that you never thought you would. For example, "don't lick the cat, please."
LMAOOOOOOO I guess they thought they were "helping" the cat!!!

Old 01-20-2012, 12:24 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,751,741 times
Dependent on what it is and I believe age as well.

Just the other day I made the HUGE mistake of showing Mr. X an episode of Mob Wives. One of the wives shouted out B--ch PUHLEASE!

Toddler X walked in and I said something along the lines to pick up his cars and he shouted back B--ch PUHLEASE!

OOOPS! It took a lot of restraint not to laugh and immediately turned it off and whisked him away to bed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting