Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 03:47 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,893,282 times

Advertisements

Okay...99.9% of the time it's not. But on this particular occasion I can tell you I was thoroughly unable to dole out time-outs, since I was laughing too hard:

Anyway, they did a neat enough job of it, didn't they? I was saying "Yes, very good, you made a cross shape" as tears squeezed out of my eyes from laughter. They were VERY depressed when I un-did their masterpiece. Look, the baby's helping...isn't it a Hallmark moment?

I wasn't laughing as hard when we pulled into the driveway this afternoon and I realized I'd missed one "sticker"...attached to the front window of our house, facing the street.

(ETA: This wasn't today...but I felt like I seriously needed to post something more "light" at this point!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2007, 04:11 PM

3,256 posts, read 9,160,033 times
That's when you go hide in the closet to laugh cause you KNOW you still have to discipline them SOMEHOW. LOL.

Yeap, biting your tongue, sitting on your hands, and trying not to strangle while not laughing is hard as a parent when they pull THESE stunts. Liz

Old 09-05-2007, 03:33 PM

4,739 posts, read 8,358,799 times
When my oldest son was about 2 we were on the living room floor playing with his little work bench, I was holding the little pegs for him as he hammered them in, he hit my fingers pretty hard one time and I startled him as I let out a scream, his eyes got big and he drew back and let me have it in the forehead. I saw stars out of that one

Old 09-06-2007, 09:34 PM

1,354 posts, read 6,363,611 times
LMAO That is priceless!

Old 09-06-2007, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
When my oldest son was about 2 we were on the living room floor playing with his little work bench, I was holding the little pegs for him as he hammered them in, he hit my fingers pretty hard one time and I startled him as I let out a scream, his eyes got big and he drew back and let me have it in the forehead. I saw stars out of that one
OMG...I shouldn't laugh but that really was funny...I mean the visual of a little kid who just fights "back". YOU must have been surprised. What a feisty little dude!

Old 09-07-2007, 04:42 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,136,207 times
Oh man.. I cracked up sooo badly seeing that picture. Thanks.

But yes, you do need to attempt a straight face for the discipline.. since, this is "unacceptable" behavior. But, behind their backs, laugh as much as you want.

Old 09-07-2007, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
Oh man.. I cracked up sooo badly seeing that picture. Thanks.

But yes, you do need to attempt a straight face for the discipline.. since, this is "unacceptable" behavior. But, behind their backs, laugh as much as you want.

In their defense they definitely didn't know it was inappropriate. I was washing out hair color in one bathroom and they went into the other bathroom and I'm pretty sure the middle guy thought they were just big, fluffy stickers. And the baby always pretty much just goes along for the ride.

Well, anyway...I posted this just as a little funny.

Last edited by JerZ; 09-07-2007 at 06:43 PM..

Old 09-11-2007, 09:26 PM

206 posts, read 937,370 times
Very cute!!! It's okay to laugh and join in the fun w/ kids, they need it. Heck, us parents need, life is way too serious not to let loose a little.

Old 09-12-2007, 09:15 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,701,377 times
Oh wow. That took me back in time. We had a realtor tour walking up the sidewalk to come in to see our home we had for sale. I ran back to check the house one more time and my little girls had wallpapered the front bathroom just like your photo. I was so glad they did not peek behind the shower curtain. That was priceless and I am glad they did not get punished. LOL

Old 09-12-2007, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Oh wow. That took me back in time. We had a realtor tour walking up the sidewalk to come in to see our home we had for sale. I ran back to check the house one more time and my little girls had wallpapered the front bathroom just like your photo. I was so glad they did not peek behind the shower curtain. That was priceless and I am glad they did not get punished. LOL
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! You caught it ahead of time, though...good catch!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting