Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 06:50 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,345,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
I won't watch the video but they showed a clip of it on the news. It must have been embarrassing AND painful. The snow stinging his bare skin. My husband and I were in tears. Dads should be a rock for their sons. Lead by example, not videotaped torture.

And if I hear one more person try to use culture as an excuse. Please. Your culture dictates you act like an animal? I'm sure I'd be called a racist if I said child abuse is just "how those people act".
right on Irish! That indeed is sick. I felt nauseous looking at this! Horrible. The father should have a rock thrown at him. He's no rock that's for sure! That poor baby.

Quote:
I don't suppose the father would consent to his being stripped to nothing but his underware and tossed out onto the snow to be video taped for viewing on Youtube.
Reps for you!

[quote][The video is longer than the one on youtube. I was just coming here to start a thread about it. The little boy was asking for a hug or something and his dad wanted to make him stronger and healthier. I have a 4 year old little boy and watching this actually brought tears to my eyes
/QUOTE]
Dave5150- I have 7 year old twins and cannot fathom this! What a sick bas--
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 07:41 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
I won't watch the video but they showed a clip of it on the news. It must have been embarrassing AND painful. The snow stinging his bare skin. My husband and I were in tears. Dads should be a rock for their sons. Lead by example, not videotaped torture.

And if I hear one more person try to use culture as an excuse. Please. Your culture dictates you act like an animal? I'm sure I'd be called a racist if I said child abuse is just "how those people act".
Husband and you were in tears? Seriously I can understand if you were in tears owing to the whole maternal thing. But the husband

Anyway, the only bad part here is the snow. Coz it reacts negatively on a young body. The Dad's a total scumbag for sure. But it's business as usual in Chinese culture to toughen up little kids in martial arts, gymnastics and Chinese culture places extreme emphasis on male strength, education and brilliance in any field, much like the spartans. The only unfortunate thing is that most of them eventually suck at everything and make goods for walmart

But there was a huge fracas in the Beijing olympics where Chinese gymnastics team owned the other teams all through the tournament. And I'm pretty sure every one of those kids were abused and put through hell to prove a point to the world. Anyone seen the new movie "karate kid". That chinese martial arts trainer/guru/teacher, that's how many Chinese masters are in mainland China. Some twisted sense of macho.

On the flip side, I'd hope they would toughen up their women in this manner.... so that they don't wash ashore America and start acting white - dyeing blond, faking accents, getting all forms of surgery, hating their own kind and eventually netting a white guy, usually older One gender was left behind somehow - the tiger mommas.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:52 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:

I have to agree with Irish on this one. Poor parenting is poor parenting no matter where you are from.

Goodness knows - we take enough heat for our own parenting here in the good ole USA (too competitive! too stressful! lacking in discipline!) surely we can dish some out when there is a blatent example of WRONG.

Last edited by JustJulia; 02-10-2012 at 08:01 AM..

Old 02-10-2012, 08:15 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
wouldn't it be cool if one day the dad and son were having a drink together, and somehow the father "passed out", (oops)
the son could then strip his dad down to his undies, tie him up, and then tie the dad to the bumper of the car, and when the dad comes too, the son could show the dad the video again.

Then he could tell the dad , Hey dad, lets go for a ride in the snow, and then the son will get in the car and drag the dad all over the roads in the snow, for about 6 hours.

my wouldnt that feel good.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
wouldn't it be cool if one day the dad and son were having a drink together, and somehow the father "passed out", (oops)
the son could then strip his dad down to his undies, tie him up, and then tie the dad to the bumper of the car, and when the dad comes too, the son could show the dad the video again.

Then he could tell the dad , Hey dad, lets go for a ride in the snow, and then the son will get in the car and drag the dad all over the roads in the snow, for about 6 hours.

my wouldnt that feel good.
Wonton soup has alcohol in it

Old 02-10-2012, 10:38 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
Wonton soup has alcohol in it
It's gonna have a lot more ingredients in it once I get thru with it....

ssssh !!!

your not supposed to tell anyone.....

Old 02-10-2012, 11:01 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
Husband and you were in tears? Seriously I can understand if you were in tears owing to the whole maternal thing. But the husband

Anyway, the only bad part here is the snow. Coz it reacts negatively on a young body. The Dad's a total scumbag for sure. But it's business as usual in Chinese culture to toughen up little kids in martial arts, gymnastics and Chinese culture places extreme emphasis on male strength, education and brilliance in any field, much like the spartans. The only unfortunate thing is that most of them eventually suck at everything and make goods for walmart

But there was a huge fracas in the Beijing olympics where Chinese gymnastics team owned the other teams all through the tournament. And I'm pretty sure every one of those kids were abused and put through hell to prove a point to the world. Anyone seen the new movie "karate kid". That chinese martial arts trainer/guru/teacher, that's how many Chinese masters are in mainland China. Some twisted sense of macho.

On the flip side, I'd hope they would toughen up their women in this manner.... so that they don't wash ashore America and start acting white - dyeing blond, faking accents, getting all forms of surgery, hating their own kind and eventually netting a white guy, usually older One gender was left behind somehow - the tiger mommas.

Believe it or not men do cry contrary to popular belief .

Old 02-10-2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Believe it or not men do cry contrary to popular belief .
I cried when I saw "the notebook"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
It's gonna have a lot more ingredients in it once I get thru with it....

ssssh !!!

your not supposed to tell anyone.....
This is the best. Ran into some Chinese co-workers at lunch and brought the topic up. All of them had seen the vid. They shrugged it off, "no big deal, we have known worse cases"

Old 02-10-2012, 11:39 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
I cried when I saw "the notebook"

I didn't, that movie was terrible. However certain scenes are enjoyable

Old 02-10-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
I didn't, that movie was terrible. However certain scenes are enjoyable
That was a joke Now I'm really crying

However, I felt a little sorry when I saw the kid in the OP, especially when he is begging for the agony to stop. I hate the snow and what it does to my feet, even with shoes on, for a moment it feels like legs don't exist. If I ever happened to meet his Dad, I'd shove ten chopsticks up his rectum, and top it off with a fortune cookie that reads:

"In ten days a very good thing is going to happen, you will heal"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting