Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 08:36 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,271,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Wow. A father who actually took control of the situation and did what he thought needed to be done. I'd probably shake the man's hand.

(Personally, I wouldn't have shot the fire out of it. I'd have had me a nice laptop that had just ben upgraded. But charging her a buck each for the hollow points was a nice touch.)

Yes quite mature of him :roll eyes:.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPON View Post
He had done that months before if you had listened to the video he said that more than once. She had been grounded already for doing the same thing.
Oh yes pissing about your family on Facebook is defiantly something you should stop :roll eyes:. God forbid she had free thoughts and express how she feels.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:38 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,703,746 times
He could have friended daughter's friend's moms and then poked them

Old 02-10-2012, 08:38 AM

840 posts, read 780,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
There's NO excuse to using a gun on anything. If she were attached to her dog too much and wasting time, would Pappy shoot the dog??
ROFL. Give me a break..just a little bit over over reaction. He didn't shoot the computer because she was attached to facebook and her lap top. He shot it because she used her lap top and facebook to once again cuss her family out and insult them after she had already been grounded for doing it once.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:40 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,708,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPON View Post
He had done that months before if you had listened to the video he said that more than once. She had been grounded already for doing the same thing.
He said no such thing. He said only that she had been grounded for 3 months for doing "something similar to this."

It is not clear what "this" is or whether there had ever been a discussion of consequences should "this" ever happen again.

I can't help wondering if the daughter had complained to her friends via telephone, would the phone have met the same fate? Or God forbid, talked to her friends face to face?

Also RPON, do you have teenagers? Because we may be looking at things through a different lens of experience.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
He could have friended daughter's friend's moms and then poked them
*poke*

Old 02-10-2012, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Oh yes pissing about your family on Facebook is defiantly something you should stop :roll eyes:. God forbid she had free thoughts and express how she feels.
She is under 18 therefore she is subject to her parents rules. So yes it is something she should stop. You sound like a teenager yourself?

Old 02-10-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
He said no such thing. He said only that she had been grounded for 3 months for doing "something similar to this."

It is not clear what "this" is or whether there had ever been a discussion of consequences should "this" ever happen again.

I can't help wondering if the daughter had complained to her friends via telephone, would the phone have met the same fate? Or God forbid, talked to her friends face to face?

Also RPON, do you have teenagers? Because we may be looking at things through a different lens of experience.
Usually i find that people who are the most Gung Ho about extreme parenting results are ones without spawn of their own :-P.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:43 AM

1,707 posts, read 6,208,395 times
Quote:
I must have missed the part where he actually sat down and discussed the situation with his daughter in a calm and constructive way.
Holy crap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Wow. A father who actually took control of the situation and did what he thought needed to be done. I'd probably shake the man's hand.
I agree, but It would have been more effective if he had shot the daughter and buried her sorry butt in the back yard.

HA!

Old 02-10-2012, 08:43 AM

Quote:

No. Not yet my oldest is 5. If she had done something similar I might not have shot the computer simply because I couldn't afford another one I would have kept it from her though..sold it maybe..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting