Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 08:50 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,084,735 times

Advertisements

Does the name Casey Anthony ring a bell? It is not uncommon for very young girls to "give" their kids away to family to raise but heaven forbid they make the unselfish decision to place the child for adoption.

At lease she hasn't murdered her own child like some of them do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 07:25 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,724,506 times
It sounds to me like the courts should give full legal & physical custody to the aunt, then go after BOTH parents for child support. As others have said, birth control is not just a woman's responsibility. As for why the sister waited 1-1/2 yrs to let her brother know she had his daughter... He's paying child support, that's the only thing he's got going for him. It doesn't sound like EITHER parent feels any real attachment to that poor girl. It's a good thing she has her aunt, who clearly DOES love her!

It's sad and it's sick....but let's face it, just because a human body is capable of producing a child, it doesn't mean that their brains are automatically going to go into "parent" mode. Clearly, the best one can hope for in a situaiton like this (IMHO), is for the child to be adopted by a person who loves her. Obviously though, that's something that the parents have to grow up and face. Either you support and take care of your child or give up ALL parental rights and give her to someone who wants her. If that happens, the person who adopts the child should not expect child support, nor should they feel any obligation to allow the biological parents access to her.

This BS that some people pull, it makes me sick. I don't want the child, but I'm not going to give her/him to anyone else, either.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:07 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous90 View Post
I am confused. IMO, its not ok for any parent to leave their child unless they are all at risk for serious reasons. But I know a young woman that is about 25 years of age and has just ONE child she claims to have but RARELY ever sees her. Now I know most mothers that leave their children do it to make sure their child has a better life without them or because they are mentally ill or financially unable to care for them. But this is what bothers me:

She left her 7 year old daughter at less than 1 year of age at first because she then realized that its not easy to care for the child. So she did leave her to her Ex-boyfriends (the father) sister's house for temporary custody until she got back on her feet which makes it inconvenient to her because she already has 4 children of her own.

Since then she rarely sees her and when she does, she comes empty handed while the father who is married to another women of 6 years and has a 3 year old with her sees her from time to time, pays child support and still buys things she needs and wants when he is not exactly obligated to do that by law. The mother pays NOTHING, does NOTHING for the child but since then, she has moved from place to place, worked, went to school full time and has only done nothing but made more time to hang out with friends and waste money on video games, shopping, eating out and taking trips out of state going to events and would brag about it but not mention ANYTHING about her child.

The father sadly which is a friend of mine had to go through so much with Child support issues and a few years ago found out that the mother of his child defrauded welfare by accepting child support knowing she did not have custody of the child and the aunt who has raised her said there was not one red cent brought to the child for anything that was needed.

Now to not make this any longer and to cut it short, what do you think about this? I see nothing wrong with the mother. In my theory she left her child with no intentions of taking custody of her out of the convenience for her life to do what she realize she really couldn't do the moment she gave that child life. Again she pays no child support and does not help with child expenses. She mentions nothing about her either.
My advice is to stay out of other people's drama. Nobody here knows why that woman acts the way she does. You're talking about second- and third-hand hearsay. She could be a horrible person. She could be mentally ill. There could be a whole story you aren't even aware of, and it sounds like none of it has anything to do with you. Are you asking for advice for your friend? Are you going to approach him and say, "Hey Dave, I talked to some people online about your personal issues, and here's what they say you should do"? If you are simply trying to understand why that woman abandoned her kid, well ... we don't know. Only she does.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:31 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous90 View Post
Yes, and that's pretty much what I pointed out. So I see nothing wrong with what the father is doing. Its about what the mother did and that's nothing.
Seems to me the only one deserving of your sympathy in this sad affair is the child....seems the baby has proved to be too much for BOTH parents....so what if he buys the kid things..does his sister get child support for raising his kid??( she should be getting it from BOTH parents)...I wouldn't judge the young mother any more harshly than I would judge the childs father...both are wrong, and it sounds like NEITHER one wants to be bothered with the child....and wouldn't...if they could get away with it.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:00 PM

770 posts, read 1,177,694 times
What's the difference between this and giving the child up for adoption? She doesn't think she can/doesn't want to take care of the child so she gave it to someone who does. I have a problem with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting