Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you have your daughter vaccinated for HPV?
Yes 18 66.67%
No 9 33.33%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 02:02 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,552,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by treeg26 View Post
Really? Where did you hear that from? I think it would be the wise thing to do, as boys can get HPV that causes oral/throat cancers.
My husband is a Pathologist. He is rotating through the cytology department at Henry Ford in Detroit and they have some articals there...and the cyto techs/physicians there were discussing it...I think they are finishing up some studies they did and are trying to get it approved for boys.

He just told me this a couple of days ago..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2008, 02:27 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,370,867 times
Wow. I think that is great!

Old 02-27-2008, 02:31 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,944,377 times
Me too! HPV sucks!

Old 03-05-2008, 11:47 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,826,111 times
Default Evidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
"Anecdotal evidence"....now there's an oxymoron.

I'm not debating your stance on the HPV vaccine. I'm just concerned with the verbiage used and would hate to see anyone confused on what is clearly your opinion and not research-based, peer-reviewed, independent science of
an overwhelming majority.

Seriously! I tried to give you rep points for this post but I must have already given you some for something else.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:03 AM

9,419 posts, read 11,162,803 times
The fact that the drug company and the governor of Texas colluded to require this vaccine makes me very suspicious of all their claims.

I would look for information other than a company website for reliable information.

Drug companies IMO are developing far too many traits that parallel the corner pusher, except they can get the law on their side.

Almost every mass shooter has a history of being on anti-depressants, and many were on ADHD meds as children.

The corporate pushers are glad to create hope or panic to push profits into the billions. Often it turns out their "research" has serious flaws that weren't reported initially. Shazam.

Look before you leap.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:06 AM

Time to buy a big block of Merck stock.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:19 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,484,450 times
Its a big leap from antidepressants to HPV vaccines. Are the makers of childhood vaccines in collusion also? Something else to consider re: boys getting the HPV vaccine: in this day and age of AIDS, more and more teens [if not younger] are opting for oral sex. Boys taking this HPV vaccine may lessen cases of mouth/tongue/throat cancers. So, yes, boys should take it as well as girls. IMO

Old 03-06-2008, 09:32 AM

2,839 posts, read 9,982,986 times
Quote:
Are the makers of childhood vaccines in collusion also?
When children are routinely being vaccinated against things such as chickenpox, and the flu shot is going to become "mandatory," and since parents are not truthfully told their options (it is NOT mandatory to vaccinate your children!), yes, I'd say that the big pharmaceutical companies are not necessarily looking out for the interests of the public at large, but their own pocketbooks.

People spend money when the media promotes mass panic. We saw it with people trying to stockpile Tamiflu when the "bird flu" was touted as the next pandemic, ready to strike any day now. People were in a panic over smallpox after 9/11. Now the panic is over HPV, which is NORMALLY mild, self-limiting, disappears on its own, and rarely causes cancer. Smoking causes MUCH more cancer than HPV, even secondhand smoke... and yet the sale of cigarettes is not prohibited, because that would not make money for anyone.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:43 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,484,450 times
I wouldnt want any of the 3 daughters i raised to be one of the ones who did not have the SELF LIMITING cases. Also, with the influx of immigrants from 3rd world countries into the US, I would darn sure want my young ones immunized against all the crap they bring here with them. Sure the pharm companies want to make as much $$ as possible but that doesnt mean the product is unneeded. And you do realize dont you that ALOT of girls dont know they have HPV until the worst symptoms arrive?

Old 03-06-2008, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Dan View Post
Its a big leap from antidepressants to HPV vaccines. Are the makers of childhood vaccines in collusion also? Something else to consider re: boys getting the HPV vaccine: in this day and age of AIDS, more and more teens [if not younger] are opting for oral sex. Boys taking this HPV vaccine may lessen cases of mouth/tongue/throat cancers. So, yes, boys should take it as well as girls. IMO
There is no leap required when making billions of dollars becomes more important than honest research and "First, do no harm."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting