Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2008, 06:13 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,397,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
tkdmom - Holy CRAP!!!! I would have sued the bejesus out of those docs!!!
Yes, I probably should have sued ! My cousin is an attorney, he mentioned that I had good cause.

Im just thankful that my son and myself were perfectly fine, after all of that.

Old 02-24-2008, 06:17 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,397,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momlady530 View Post
!!!!!
Just one of the many reasons why I hate hospitals !

Old 02-24-2008, 06:32 PM

206 posts, read 528,911 times
Default Number 3........!!!!!!!

I went into labor at 7:00 am, by 8:00 am i was at the hospital. The nurse examined me and said call the doctor. It was too late for meds. My son was 8lbs, i screamed up until the time he was out and i didn't even notice he was out. The nurse said (ok you can be quiet now;your screaming more than your baby. Not to mention that my head was really really swollen, due to the fact that i was beating it on the bed, if i couldn't get any meds....i did not want to be awake for this unbelievable pain!!

Old 02-24-2008, 06:34 PM

170 posts, read 581,622 times
Well, why don't you just imagine having to push a grapefruit out of your penis hole? Does that sound like it would hurt? Ha Ha

Old 02-24-2008, 06:52 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,312,752 times
I've had 3, all vaginally with epidurals- my biggest was 10 pounds and change. It's not terrible, mostly because you've got this cute little bundle when you're done!

Old 02-24-2008, 07:45 PM

335 posts, read 1,533,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Softtail_Honey View Post
Well, why don't you just imagine having to push a grapefruit out of your penis hole? Does that sound like it would hurt? Ha Ha
How about a watermelon out of your rectum?

Old 02-26-2008, 07:06 AM

1,032 posts, read 4,263,111 times
I have done this three times and each time it hurts just as much - it goes quicker, but the pain is still the pain.

Contractions are the worst part - the only thing I can liken it to is having a big blood pressure cuff on your stomach and having it pumped up so hard and tight that you can't even see straight.

The actual delivery itself hurts too - "The ring of fire!" that's what I heard someone call it when the baby crowns - perfect description. You truly feel as if your being ripped apart.

However, with that being said, it is the coolest my amazing thing in the whole world - the human body is very cool!

Old 02-26-2008, 07:40 AM

1,016 posts, read 4,540,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristyLiz View Post
I have done this three times and each time it hurts just as much - it goes quicker, but the pain is still the pain.

Contractions are the worst part - the only thing I can liken it to is having a big blood pressure cuff on your stomach and having it pumped up so hard and tight that you can't even see straight.

The actual delivery itself hurts too - "The ring of fire!" that's what I heard someone call it when the baby crowns - perfect description. You truly feel as if your being ripped apart.

However, with that being said, it is the coolest my amazing thing in the whole world - the human body is very cool!
LOL, I thought the delivery was by far the worst part. "Ring of fire" is a great description!

Old 02-26-2008, 10:49 AM

127 posts, read 499,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I had an epidural and still felt some pain.

If you men have had to pass a kidney stone (like I have) then that is MORE painful as far as I am concerned then child birth. Before I went to the hospital to find out what was wrong with me, I was affraid I was going to die and my daughter would find me. I was never that bad off even before they started the epidural when I was in labor.

Frankly I was in MORE pain when my milk came in then childbirth was.

hehe oh yes....I remember just staring at mine for quite some time and poking them.... until the were so swollen that any movement killed me. TMI? LMAO..sorry but those things...good LORD

Old 06-23-2008, 10:48 AM

10 posts, read 66,304 times
It is the hardest work that you will ever do with the greatest payoff in the end. I've had 3 natural births, and the sensations can be intense, but if you relax through them you can work really smoothly with your body. In short, some people feel like the uterus is blowing up like a balloon, crampy and achy at the beginning of labor, and the strongest tightening of a muscle that you can imagine. Sensations are amazing, you can't believe what your body can accomplish. You do hit the 'space cadet' zone in late first stage, and the hardes part (transition) is also the shortest part.

Ignore the goobers that think watermelons and bowling balls, my babies were much cuter than that It is a different set of sensations, but they aren't necessarially bad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting