Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2008, 11:08 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,128,472 times

Advertisements

Mine hurt like crazy and I didn't have a big baby and I am quite tall so you think it would be easy. I had 2 epidurals and they partially worked. It is the worst pain I've ever felt. I have broken bones and such. This is the worst.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:06 PM

21 posts, read 59,543 times
Childbirth is the most amazing thing one could ever experience. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. I loved being pregnant. The birth of my children was two very different experiences. I have two young children 3 and 2.

Old 06-24-2008, 01:13 PM

1,100 posts, read 3,012,479 times
I don't know what a vaginal birth feels like as I had a c-section with my son. But, I can tell you that a c-section is major abdominal surgery! I had a very painful and long recovery. Thank goodness for Percocet's! As far as my daughter, it was completely painless with no recovery time whatsover. Her poor birthmother did all the work. Thank goodness for birth mama's~!

Old 06-24-2008, 08:48 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
I had my children many, many years ago.....before the advent of this wonderful thing called epidural. I remember, with my first baby, that I kept saying over and over; "I changed my mind. I want to stop now. I changed my mind." For some reason the nurses found that quite funny. I was with my youngest daughter when she had both of her children (her husband "caught" the babies.) Anyhow, in the beginning it was killing me to see her in such pain. THEN they came in and gave her the epidural. Suddenly she was chatting and laughing. WOW. This is great stuff. Wish it had been around when I was having babies. The thing about having children is that sometimes the worst pain comes long after you give birth. From the moment you have a child you have a hostage to fortune. But there is nothing in this life you will ever do that gives you such joy either.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:58 PM
LML

PS. Oh, by the way, back when I was having babies, they shaved you completely "down there" and gave you an enema WHILE YOU WERE IN LABOR. Just be glad that they no longer indulge in these barbaric practices. I figure some women finally got together and beat some of the doctors and nurses so severely that they finally got the message that THIS IS NOT NECESSARY.

I want to thank all of you women for sharing your stories. I haven't laughed this hard for age. Not laughing at your pain. Just laughing at what wonderful, heroic, grand creatures we women are and how little credit we get for it. People just take it for granted that we go through all of this to maintain the human race. Take a bow ladies. We deserve it.

Old 06-25-2008, 12:19 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,076 times
try having twins! LOL>>>>>>>>that is 2 watermelons LOL>>>>>>>>
actually mine was a C-section so I didn't feel too much thankfully!

to the OP.. Puleez! What do you think it feels like? floating on a raft in the ocean? LOL

Old 06-25-2008, 01:42 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
with my first baby, that I kept saying over and over; "I changed my mind. I want to stop now.
LOL. I did the same thing.

Quote:
PS. Oh, by the way, back when I was having babies, they shaved you completely "down there" and gave you an enema WHILE YOU WERE IN LABOR. Just be glad that they no longer indulge in these barbaric practices.
I remember. Hey they tried to tie my hands down too. Things sure have changed, thank God.

Old 06-25-2008, 02:54 PM

160 posts, read 775,242 times
Ok... Im due in 3 months and now I want to keep this little baby inside of me.. or maybe just throw her up. I knew I should not have read this thread, but stupid me did.

Old 06-25-2008, 03:03 PM

1,129 posts, read 2,699,377 times
I shutter to think!! More power to you guys!!!

Old 06-25-2008, 03:46 PM
LML

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfountaingrl View Post
Ok... Im due in 3 months and now I want to keep this little baby inside of me.. or maybe just throw her up. I knew I should not have read this thread, but stupid me did.
Oh Honey, Don't worry. Don't you see that, for all our "war stories" we all have said that it was well worth it and most of us don't even think about it again once they put that baby in our arms....until we get with a bunch of other women and tell war stories. AND, be sure to ask for an epidural right off the bat...it really does make a big difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting