Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 01:46 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times

Advertisements

I don't believe in paddling for any reason.
I also don't believe in waiting to go to the bathroom or particularly cared if my kids are "tardy",as they often were, for that very reason. They are adults now and the world keeps spinning and I'd do it myself if it came down to it. No guilt, no bad attitude, just fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 02:57 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,928,823 times
what is this lol a S&M school lol

Old 03-15-2012, 06:15 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHIC View Post
what is this lol a S&M school lol
Diguised as a very "traditional" one, yes. I wonder if I could take a crude wooden club (the kind cavemen used to use) and beat the principal down with it, then use "tradition" as my excuse

Old 03-15-2012, 07:05 AM

19,758 posts, read 22,666,896 times
My elementary school called my mom, who then called my dad, who had to be radioed in the field from dispatch that "your son is in trouble at school". My Dad would then have to leave the jobsite (he was an HVAC/Electrician) come to school, and he would k*ck my ass all the way to the truck, then take me home and switch me.

I did NOT get in trouble very often at school, lol.

As a matter of fact- I lived in a neighborhood with blue collar dads, and back then if ANOTHER dad saw you doing something wrong, or if you talked back to a Mom, THEY switched your butt, then sent you home to your Dad who then switched your butt again. Again- you didn't really get in trouble very often.

Schools where I grew up didn't switch (70's)- the village at home took care of it.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:10 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Let someone at school spank MY child, and see the unholy wrath they would unleash with me.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:11 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
All the states are in conservative areas...imagine that.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:12 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
My elementary school called my mom, who then called my dad, who had to be radioed in the field from dispatch that "your son is in trouble at school". My Dad would then have to leave the jobsite (he was an HVAC/Electrician) come to school, and he would k*ck my ass all the way to the truck, then take me home and switch me.

I did NOT get in trouble very often at school, lol.

As a matter of fact- I lived in a neighborhood with blue collar dads, and back then if ANOTHER dad saw you doing something wrong, or if you talked back to a Mom, THEY switched your butt, then sent you home to your Dad who then switched your butt again. Again- you didn't really get in trouble very often.

Schools where I grew up didn't switch (70's)- the village at home took care of it.
Neither did I. And I didn't even have to get beaten. Interesting...

Old 03-15-2012, 08:21 AM

19,758 posts, read 22,666,896 times
I didn't often have to visit the backside of the woodshed, but I was certainly mischievous, lol.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:28 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,972,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Let someone at school spank MY child, and see the unholy wrath they would unleash with me.
You think YOU would be bad, you should see me if someone spanked my child at school, it would be like if the blair witch and samara from the ring had a child with demonic powers and that child went on to have a child with the girl from the exorcist...wrath would be a mild term for what would happen....the depths of hell would open up underneath the school and I would be what ended any paddling in schools.

Those school administrators would think they died and went to hell and then they would realise that they would be so lucky to be in hell because I would be much much worse.

Old 03-16-2012, 07:58 AM

9 posts, read 9,209 times
good luck trying to paddle a teenager, since they are as large and strong and often in better shape than the adults lol. Might find themselves getting paddled by them instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting