Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 09:38 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,972,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
But why are we such wimps about being suspended. Who cares if a child is suspended? I would much rather my child be suspended than be a punching bag for someone else.

I do not understand why parents would allow their child to be manhandled because they were afraid of the child being suspended.
Looks bad on a school record.
Parents have to stay home with the kid based on their age.
Blah blah blah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 09:57 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,909,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Looks bad on a school record.
Parents have to stay home with the kid based on their age.
Blah blah blah.
I don't think that parents should allow such small things to ruin their kids life. It is a shame to allow a young child's life to become miserable because a parent can't be bothered to stay home for a day or two.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:43 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,972,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
I don't think that parents should allow such small things to ruin their kids life. It is a shame to allow a young child's life to become miserable because a parent can't be bothered to stay home for a day or two.
Yeah suspension is nothing. I only ever got suspended once, senior year, a teacher thought i was texting in class when i wasnt and i refused to hand my phone over and the next day they demanded my phone for the day, i said no and got suspended.
It didnt ruin my life, im not shunned from harvard, im not scrubbing toilets for a living.

A suspension is nothing.

Old 04-14-2012, 03:25 PM

136 posts, read 85,570 times
My daughter has told me a few times that some kid kicked her or scratched her or something of that sort I told her to do the same back,stand up for yourself. I assume she thinks its wrong because she just says no. I said then tell your teacher what they did and she says no to that as well. My fathers way of doing it was the same way either stand up for yourself or get used to being bullied. I learned fast to stand up for myself. I hope my kids do the same.

Old 09-11-2016, 02:06 AM

1 posts, read 412 times
Default Enough said

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
What is it with schools these days and now allowing kids to stick up for themselves? It is like these schools are ASKING for these poor kids to get bullied. If these overly sensitive parents and teachers would just allow the kids getting bullied to defend themselves and not get suspended for trying to help themselves it would probably prevent a lot of bullying. I find it pathetic when a kid gets tormented for god knows how long and he has his parents telling him to not do anything because a teacher might suspend him? I'm sorry but something needs to be changed here, and it needs to be looked into a lot better than what it is. I feel everyone has become so weak they can't even defend themselves anymore.
Here this is my story there was this one kid in my class when I first started the 5th grade he was the only person that bullied me every time he punched me I punched him back we got in a fight and it ended with him punching me in the face and he still get bullying me in the 6th grade and in the 7th and 8th grade he was no longer in any of my classes but the only reason I lost those fights was because he was stronger than me so I said you wanna play like that mother ****er well then let's see if you can take me down after this I didn't say it to him but in my mind I did so in the 7th grade I started lifting weights and learning self defense and the reason I stopped trying to tell on him on the teachers is because they would never believe me so after a while I didn't care if I got suspended or expelled for a fight but because I started watching anime my cocky attitude went away but I still believe I can take him down but I have became a complete nerd and now because I started becoming extremely obsessed with anime my personality literally changed completely and now 2 of my friends from the 5th grade have even said hey you used to look like your having fun now you just look like your always sad and now for some reason that personality repels bully's and it seams even tho the athletics also lift I'm actually just a slight bit stronger than them well most of them I think he'll I can lift up to 50 pounds I'm going for 100 pounds so if those ****ers try and mess with me I'm going to rip out there throats and shove it up there asses

Last edited by Shiroe2271; 09-11-2016 at 02:10 AM.. Reason: Oh and

Old 09-13-2016, 07:11 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Parents who allow their kids to be bullied because they are afraid of suspension, are no longer the parents. The school is the parent to that child. Because they are allowing the school to dictate punishment for behavior and let the school guide what behavior is acceptable.

In that instant, you gave your parental rights AWAY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting