Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2012, 03:09 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,969,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Have you thought about apartment finder or craigslist? Perhaps a college girl looking for a roommate might work out well for you? denver rooms & shares classifieds - craigslist
Ill message u later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 03:28 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Ill message u later.
w00t!

Old 03-29-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
I have a 201012 essentiallly brand new car...i do not want to lose my car.
Which i can understand, but sometimes in life you have to sacrifice that things you like for the things you need. If you move to a more metro area you can take advantage of the tram, or the bus line of course. And what about carpooling or having the boy toy helping you get places ?

Old 03-29-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Which i can understand, but sometimes in life you have to sacrifice that things you like for the things you need. If you move to a more metro area you can take advantage of the tram, or the bus line of course. And what about carpooling or having the boy toy helping you get places ?
My car is paid free and clear.
I just dont want it to be damaged by some thug and not be able to fix it, boy toy lol shares my car with me, i drive HIM places. Its our only car.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:38 PM

Quote:
My car is paid free and clear.
I just dont want it to be damaged by some thug and not be able to fix it, boy toy lol shares my car with me, i drive HIM places. Its our only car.
Yes yes yes crack that whip on him . Well i mean if you sold it, and got a used you would not be forced to pay the higher insurance, and you would also have some money to put in the bank which could help. Are there any other bills you have you could reduces? What about getting a pt job waiting tables?

Old 03-29-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Yes yes yes crack that whip on him . Well i mean if you sold it, and got a used you would not be forced to pay the higher insurance, and you would also have some money to put in the bank which could help. Are there any other bills you have you could reduces? What about getting a pt job waiting tables?
I pay $60 for insurance
I work nights and weekends now as it is, i couldnt work the peak hours for the tips to be worth it.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:56 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
i couldnt work the peak hours for the tips to be worth it.
Exhibit A for why some adults are living in the basement.

Really? Not worth it? What the heck else do you do that's so important? You dropped out of college. You have no skills.

Better start thinking about waiting tables or you WILL be in your mother's house when you're 40.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Exhibit A for why some adults are living in the basement.

Really? Not worth it? What the heck else do you do that's so important? You dropped out of college. You have no skills.

Better start thinking about waiting tables or you WILL be in your mother's house when you're 40.
Working non peak hours wouldnt be worth it...

Old 03-29-2012, 04:11 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave5150 View Post
I think that we are missing a big point, well not all of us. But it has been stated by most on the pro-adults at home people, most of us dont think they should just be big adult teenagers, doing what teenagers wish they could do but with more money and freedom. I think it can and does work as a pseudo roommate scenario, where the adults in the house work together to make the household the best it can be. Just because my 25 year old is living at home, doesnt make them my little child. They are adults in their own right and will pay rent and buy groceries and pay for the extra cable box or whatever. They are essentially renting a room or part of the house. Except I trust them and have a relationship with them
No, we totally get that point. But the longer the kid stays at home, the easier it becomes for him to stay. And really, if you sit around and wait for him to save up the money to live in a comfortable way, the less likely he is to actually cut the cord. Look, I totally understand your point of view. But life shouldn't necessarily be easy for an adult child. A little adversity never hurt anyone, especially when the outcome is learning how to keep a budget, manage a house, etc.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:31 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,082,647 times
Quote:
Working non peak hours wouldnt be worth it...
It's money. Plus, you don't start out working peak hours. You work your way up to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting