Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 07:25 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,527,793 times

Advertisements

It's just a stage he is in. For some reason he can't yet explain and y'all can't yet figure out he is in true need of the closeness. Please do pick him up most if not every time he reaches for you. I did with mine and it did not "spoil" them.

As I look back, what it did was show them that in a cruel and even abusive world that I was one person that they absolutely could trust completely and rely on. They could come to me and I would always be there for them, and I was and still am--from a sane distance.

Personally, I am of the christian belief, I believe we feel "vibes" from people and even environments, that ghosts meaning angels and that demons are as real as the noses on our faces. I therefore knew that it was possible that "something" was messing with my innocent, little ones so for this reason, too I always went to them. I was a homemaker and could, so I did and with no regret whatsoever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2012, 07:39 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,180,716 times
His behavior sounds perfectly normal for a baby of his age. To me it sounds like separation anxiety which is a healthy developmental stage. The best thing you can do is hold and comfort him as much as possible. It's a phase and it will pass.

Separation Anxiety - Parents Guide on Baby Care

Old 03-31-2012, 08:31 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
His behavior sounds perfectly normal for a baby of his age. To me it sounds like separation anxiety which is a healthy developmental stage. The best thing you can do is hold and comfort him as much as possible. It's a phase and it will pass.

Separation Anxiety - Parents Guide on Baby Care
Yes, if he's just one, it's no big deal for him to want to be carried and held. He's still just a baby and the more time spent cuddling him, the better off he's going to be later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting