Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 05:26 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times

Advertisements

Some kids will have sex in random places, true. That doesn't mean I'm giving my kid the keys to a hotel room to make it even easier. If she wants to go somewhere after prom, she can go to a supervised house party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 06:28 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Some kids will have sex in random places, true. That doesn't mean I'm giving my kid the keys to a hotel room to make it even easier. If she wants to go somewhere after prom, she can go to a supervised house party.
Believe me sex doesn't go on at those parties lol.....you have 5-6 parents chip in and they fill the room to the max the hotel allows. And considering alcohol is often involved the bathroom is out as a sneak away place lol. And most kids will have sex wherever they can given the circumstances.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:31 AM

Yeah, my daughter doesn't hang out with that sort.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:37 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,907,231 times
Quote:
Yeah, my daughter doesn't hang out with that sort.
Some people just don't believe that when a parent says it. My son is very wholesome and does not drink or smoke pot. He is a serious athlete and lives a very healthy lifestyle. I have heard him lecture his team mates about how one night of heavy drinking negates two weeks of heavy training. However, if you say it on CD people just say that you are lying or in denial.

As far as sex goes, my oldest is 18 years old. He doesn't report in to me on his sex life. He is an adult and may choose to have sex if he likes. I know that he has condoms in his room (they are not hidden) so I assume he has had sex. However, I do not think that an 18 year old being sexually active is cause for alarm. After all my MIL was married when she was 18.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:41 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
Some people just don't believe that when a parent says it. My son is very wholesome and does not drink or smoke pot. He is a serious athlete and lives a very healthy lifestyle. I have heard him lecture his team mates about how one night of heavy drinking negates two weeks of heavy training. However, if you say it on CD people just say that you are lying or in denial.

As far as sex goes, my oldest is 18 years old. He doesn't report in to me on his sex life. He is an adult and may choose to have sex if he likes. I know that he has condoms in his room (they are not hidden) so I assume he has had sex. However, I do not think that an 18 year old being sexually active is cause for alarm. After all my MIL was married when she was 18.
Nope not at all, i have friends that do neither so i can believe it. I also know girls/boys *yes boys* who did not have sex till college . I was letting julia know that at those parties you need not worry because there is pretty much no privacy in a 200 square foot room for anyone to be humping at lol.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Nope not at all, i have friends that do neither so i can believe it. I also know girls/boys *yes boys* who did not have sex till college . I was letting julia know that at those parties you need not worry because there is pretty much no privacy in a 200 square foot room for anyone to be humping at lol.
Yet there is a lot of drinking, like you said. Cool, let's see who can die on prom night in a car crash or from blood alcohol poisoning.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Yet there is a lot of drinking, like you said. Cool, let's see who can die on prom night in a car crash or from blood alcohol poisoning.
The kids staying over in the hotel will not likely die in a car crash. Alcohol poisoning is another story.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:55 AM

Like I said, my daughter doesn't hang out with kids whose parents let them spend the night in an unsupervised hotel room with booze and God-knows-what. She talks smack about those kids, LOL.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:00 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Quote:
Like I said, my daughter doesn't hang out with kids whose parents let them spend the night in an unsupervised hotel room with booze and God-knows-what. She talks smack about those kids, LOL.

Yet, if those kids said anything about your daughter you'd be ranting about high school bullies

Must suck for your daughter to have a boring high school life.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Yet, if those kids said anything about your daughter you'd be ranting about high school bullies

Must suck for your daughter to have a boring high school life.
You know a lot of the kids who drink do it because their lives are so boring. They have nothing else to do so they drink. The kids that are interesting and charming frequently are interesting and charming because they have interests and goals that other people are interested in discussing.

The kids that have true interests do not tend to drink as much because they have other, more satisfying things to do with their time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting