Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 11:44 PM

16 posts, read 19,512 times

Advertisements

50 YO divorced attorney seeks 25-35 YO college educated woman to share the experience of having and raising a child without marriage. I will pay any outstanding and future student loan debt, tuition and books through graduate school (PhD, MBA, MD), child support payments to you regardless of custodial arrangements (even if child lives with me for months/years), and pay your visitation travel expenses as needed. I am also willing to fully assume the responsibility of caring and raising our child while you are engaged in other independent activities, such as completing undergraduate/graduate coursework, studying abroad, working out-of-state, dating, and any arrangements necessary to accommodate your future marital plans to someone else. You will also always have a room in my house to visit/live for as long as you need, and the extent of our relationship will be a friendship and parents to our child.

I am emotionally and financially stable, consider myself attractive and fit, highly educated, well traveled, christian (but not fanatical), clean background (no abuse/criminal history--I'm a prior prosecutor; security clearance; excellent credit, etc), and previously married to an attractive woman 20 years younger than me and my marriage ended essentially because I was ready to have children and she was not.

So I still want the experience of having and raising a son or daughter (without adoption, in vitro, surrogacy, etc) but have concluded that I don't have to be married to the mother of my child so long as we have a great supportive friendship, raise our child in a loving arrangement, and our son or daughter has educated and caring parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 11:54 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadtobe View Post
50 YO divorced attorney seeks 25-35 YO college educated woman to share the experience of having and raising a child without marriage. I will pay any outstanding and future student loan debt, tuition and books through graduate school (PhD, MBA, MD), child support payments to you regardless of custodial arrangements (even if child lives with me for months/years), and pay your visitation travel expenses as needed. I am also willing to fully assume the responsibility of caring and raising our child while you are engaged in other independent activities, such as completing undergraduate/graduate coursework, studying abroad, working out-of-state, dating, and any arrangements necessary to accommodate your future marital plans to someone else. You will also always have a room in my house to visit/live for as long as you need, and the extent of our relationship will be a friendship and parents to our child.
So you want to buy a woman to be your breeding sow.
That's attractive.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
So you want to buy a woman to be your breeding sow.
That's attractive.
Yes, I get it there will be women who don't find this "attractive", but it's not about attraction, it's about having child with a women of child bearing age. Sorry if it offends you.

Is it really that much different from adopting upon birth, surrogacy, egg donation? And I'm sure some would say that it would involve the same responsibilities of step parents or divorced parents with children. Finally, we know there are unfortunate situations where children are raised without a dad, many struggling single moms who don't finish their education, and moms and dads who aren't the best individuals to be parents.

I welcome supportive comments and constructive thoughts, but please spare your judgment and cynicism since I have good intentions and motives. I may eventually get married again, but I think it's safe to say I've checked that experience off my bucket list.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:13 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Yes, I get it there will be women who don't find this "attractive", but it's not about attraction, it's about having child with a women of child bearing age. Sorry if it offends you.

Is it really that much different from adopting upon birth, surrogacy? And I'm sure some would say that it would involve the same responsibilities of step parents or divorced parents with children. Finally, we know there are unfortunate situations where children are raised without a dad, many struggling single moms who don't finish their education, and moms and dads who aren't the best individuals to be parents.

I welcome supportive comments and constructive thoughts, but please spare your judgment and cynicism since I have good intentions and motives. I may eventually get married again, but I think it's safe to say I've checked that experience off my bucket list.
Why don't you just adopt? Why bring yet another child into the world when you can give one that's already here a great life?

It sounds to me that you want to be a part time Dad and have her take care of it most of the time, then you can swoop in and have a bit of responsibility here and there, but mostly take care of the situation financially.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:17 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
I don't see anything wrong with that... and considering you are 50, it must really suck to have not been a dad by now... you are missing out! Unfortunately, your kid is going to be with you until you are in your 70's... that's going to suck even more... sorry for your circumstance but I am sure you will find someone... I might add some other financial incentive like $10k plus all health-related expenses during pregnancy and 1 year after delivery...

Old 04-24-2012, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Why don't you just adopt? Why bring yet another child into the world when you can give one that's already here a great life?

It sounds to me that you want to be a part time Dad and have her take care of it most of the time, then you can swoop in and have a bit of responsibility here and there, but mostly take care of the situation financially.
No, wrong, I'd gladly raise it and have 100% custody, sorry if that wasn't clear. But I'm also want mom to be part of raising the child and will assume any responsibilities she didn't want or could accommodate, i.e. time. Happy to be the full-time dad though.

As far as adoption, while I respect that option and may later consider, I really want to have a kid with grandma and grandpa's genes.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I might add some other financial incentive like $10k plus all health-related expenses during pregnancy and 1 year after delivery...
No problem, heck I'd cover her health insurance indefinitely if I could find a way to make her a family dependent without being married. Her health would be important since I'd want her to care for our child as long as possible.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:28 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Quote:

I am emotionally and financially stable, consider myself attractive and fit, highly educated, well traveled, christian (but not fanatical), clean background (no abuse/criminal history--I'm a prior prosecutor; security clearance; excellent credit, etc), and previously married to an attractive woman 20 years younger than me and my marriage ended essentially because I was ready to have children and she was not.

So I still want the experience of having and raising a son or daughter (without adoption, in vitro, surrogacy, etc) but have concluded that I don't have to be married to the mother of my child so long as we have a great supportive friendship, raise our child in a loving arrangement, and our son or daughter has educated and caring parents.

What if you 2 actually fall in love? Will you consider marriage then?

Old 04-24-2012, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
What if you 2 actually fall in love? Will you consider marriage then?
That's a beautiful thought, and of course.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:32 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
So she have to have intercourse with you?
Does she has to have a certain look(blue eyes,red hair,thin)? Can she be overweight?
I'm assuming she shouldn't be a drug addict or prostitute?

Does she have to sign a contract?
How will she be sure you can guarantee these things?
What happens if something happens to you or you lose your job?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting