Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 06:16 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,950,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcambridge View Post
Well, you definitely can't let her go without telling the other parents. Can you imagine that if (when?.....) the other parents find out about it, and then hear you knew? Chances are good they will be livid that you didn't contact them and instead decided for all the parents that it was ok to have the sleep over.

I support compromise. All parents must be told, and let them stay out very very late and all the girls sleep over at your house.
The sleep over is not at her place it is not her responsibility to tell the other parents, she isn't deciding for the other parents, she is deciding for the other girls. I think its best to just stay away from what other parents do or don't know and getting involved in what their children do. It makes things too messy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 06:21 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,655,659 times
Clearly I skimmed the "crotch pheasant" stuff.

The other kids should tell their parents, not the OP.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:23 PM

2,755 posts, read 4,389,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
The sleep over is not at her place it is not her responsibility to tell the other parents, she isn't deciding for the other parents, she is deciding for the other girls. I think its best to just stay away from what other parents do or don't know and getting involved in what their children do. It makes things too messy.

Really? So you don't think the other parents should be told if the event goes on, with her daughter going?

Old 04-26-2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Clearly I skimmed the "crotch pheasant" stuff.

The other kids should tell their parents, not the OP.
And if they don't that is an issue within THAT family.
And you have your terms for describing the boys mother and her flock and I have mine.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcambridge View Post
Really? So you don't think the other parents should be told if the event goes on, with her daughter going?
I think the OP's daughter should try and get her friends to tell their parents but can you imagine if the OP gets involved? The girls already lied to their parents you can bet your ass that the OP's daughter is the only girl going if the other girls parents find out they already lied.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:38 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,852,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
What they want to do is stay up all night talking and playing games and with this group, I believe that's exactly what they'd do. They just think it would be fun to pull an all nighter.
If you know the brother well, if you know for certain they will not drink, if you know for certain there is no sexual stuff, if you know for certain that they don't smoke pot, if you know for certain that they will stay put in the yard and not leave then I would say, "yes".

Old 04-26-2012, 06:43 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,852,541 times
Another idea: Offer to host the party in your yard!!!

Old 04-26-2012, 06:46 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,366,729 times
And yet a good number of these "great" kids are fully willing to lie to their parents to get what they want.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
Another idea: Offer to host the party in your yard!!!
Good idea, either way she isn't getting any sleep that night because if she lets her daughter go she won't get any sleep, if she doesn't let her go she'll have an angry child keeping her up all night begging to go.

But you have to ask? If her back yard as cool?
Is there a fire pit, lots of room, and fun stuff to do.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
And yet a good number of these "great" kids are fully willing to lie to their parents to get what they want.
Because they know they are good kids, they know they won't do anything wrong and they know their parents are suspicious, unreasonable people who believe they will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting