Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 11:02 AM

705 posts, read 1,759,530 times

Advertisements

I understand your line of thinking to be that if you leave then your husband, when he has custody of his kids, can allow the perpetrator access to the kids and because husband is in denial he would not supervise appropriately. Right?

I get the above argument, but look at it from your sons' perspective. What message does it send if you allow your step son back into their lives, regardless of whether you are there to supervise? Your priority is the safety of ALL the children involved. You must protect your boys. Get a lawyer, leave, and go before a judge to explain your concerns. Get the law involved and get your sons' protected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 11:05 AM

331 posts, read 603,390 times
Protect your children with all your might, until they are grown that is a parent's #1 job is to PROTECT!!!! Whatever it is that you have to do to keep them away from ss and in a safe environment is what needs to be done.
Is DH your husband? If so if you leave you can put in the divorse papers that your children are not to be around ss or wheomever else, b/c of these reasons.

Best wishes to you!!

Old 05-09-2012, 11:35 AM

2,814 posts, read 6,872,146 times
I agree with the advice you have been given. Your children need to have Zero contact with your stepson.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:45 AM

705 posts, read 1,759,530 times
One other thing - has anyone investigated how step-son became a perpetrator? statistically speaking young children who molest are likely to have been victims themselves. Worth looking into especially if your children have been exposed to the same adults as step-son.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:54 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88txaggie View Post
I understand your line of thinking to be that if you leave then your husband, when he has custody of his kids, can allow the perpetrator access to the kids and because husband is in denial he would not supervise appropriately. Right?

I get the above argument, but look at it from your sons' perspective. What message does it send if you allow your step son back into their lives, regardless of whether you are there to supervise? Your priority is the safety of ALL the children involved. You must protect your boys. Get a lawyer, leave, and go before a judge to explain your concerns. Get the law involved and get your sons' protected.
No they can work out in the custody agreement that the access not included her ss.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:06 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Mommy up.. and do the right thing. Protect your child!

Old 05-09-2012, 12:32 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtMommy View Post
We are not involved in his counseling because the psychologist refuses to talk to DH. DH will not listen to me that he has a right to be involved, and has done nothing about it.
This point has me curious, and I feel there are holes in this story. If your DH has shared custody of his son I cannot fathom that he is not included in the counseling. The counselor should be the one to determine when and if your SS has contact with the "victims", and how that should proceed.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
This point has me curious, and I feel there are holes in this story. If your DH has shared custody of his son I cannot fathom that he is not included in the counseling. The counselor should be the one to determine when and if your SS has contact with the "victims", and how that should proceed.
When people make posts like this as their first one i always am skeptical to be honest.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:19 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
When people make posts like this as their first one i always am skeptical to be honest.
AND that they don't reply....

Old 05-09-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
AND that they don't reply....
That too. I just find it hard that this child is never being charged with all this evidence .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting