Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 02:42 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times

Advertisements

I have had a theory about who has boys and who has girls. It's pretty much anecdotal, but I have some scientific data that backs it up.

A WARNING BEFORE YOU READ! None of these traits are "bad" or "good" and are not meant to offend anyone. Any if taken to an extreme could be negative. but most are neutral.

It seems that woman who have sons, or a preponderance of sons, share the following traits - more assertive, tend to be the "leader in the relationship, driven to success, dominant, and tend to chose more passive partners. They are also more interested in sex than their daughter breeding sisters, and more apt to have orgasms.

Women who have daughters tend to choose more dominant partners, who are often quite successful. They tend to be more submissive or passive, and somewhat less interested in sex than their son bearing partners.

Men who have sons are more passive and generally less macho. They are less competitive in general, and although they may be well educated, they are not into achievement for the sake of achievement. They are not terribly competitive or aggressive. Their relationships with women are more egalitarian. They are do not have overly high sex drives.

Men who have daughters are very competitive. They also tend to be quite successful in whatever they choose. They are dominant in their relationships with women, and very interested in women. They are more likely to have affairs (NOT ALL DO) than men who have sons. Their sex drives are quite high. They may couple with high achieving woman, but what ever their partners achieve, they will achieve more. They tend to be hyper, on the move, and interested in exploration travel and conquering new things.

My theory can also be used to chart changes with in long term relationships, and shifts in power, as with a family with 3 boys and two girls. I see the reverse more frequently.

What do you think? Please don't give me one example of one situation.

Food for thought - think of the US Presidents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 02:43 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post

I think all your generally this and generally thats are likely completely baseless! Sorry.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:47 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
I read a LOT of biographies of U.S. presidents.

Not one of them has ever said a word about whether or not their mother had orgasms. (That's something I'd make note of.) Sorry. Research is incomplete.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:48 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:
I have some scientific data that backs it up.

Could you point them to us?

I have four daughters and my nickname is Mr. Wuss.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:49 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,183,374 times
What about a family who has girls and boys???

Old 05-11-2012, 02:59 PM

2,382 posts, read 5,395,410 times
Quote:
I have had a theory about who has boys and who has girls. It's pretty much anecdotal, but I have some scientific data that backs it up.

A WARNING BEFORE YOU READ! None of these traits are "bad" or "good" and are not meant to offend anyone. Any if taken to an extreme could be negative. but most are neutral.

It seems that woman who have sons, or a preponderance of sons, share the following traits - more assertive, tend to be the "leader in the relationship, driven to success, dominant, and tend to chose more passive partners. They are also more interested in sex than their daughter breeding sisters, and more apt to have orgasms.

Women who have daughters tend to choose more dominant partners, who are often quite successful. They tend to be more submissive or passive, and somewhat less interested in sex than their son bearing partners.

Men who have sons are more passive and generally less macho. They are less competitive in general, and although they may be well educated, they are not into achievement for the sake of achievement. They are not terribly competitive or aggressive. Their relationships with women are more egalitarian. They are do not have overly high sex drives.

Men who have daughters are very competitive. They also tend to be quite successful in whatever they choose. They are dominant in their relationships with women, and very interested in women. They are more likely to have affairs (NOT ALL DO) than men who have sons. Their sex drives are quite high. They may couple with high achieving woman, but what ever their partners achieve, they will achieve more. They tend to be hyper, on the move, and interested in exploration travel and conquering new things.

My theory can also be used to chart changes with in long term relationships, and shifts in power, as with a family with 3 boys and two girls. I see the reverse more frequently.

LOL, my social avoidant sister has all boys... I'm a former Marine with a daughter.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:04 PM

830 posts, read 1,666,503 times
Quote:

Interesting thoughts...but I definitely don't agree.

And thinking of the U.S. Presidents, GWB had two daughters and so did BHO, and Clinton had one. I doubt many people would say all three have similar personalities, but of course I don't know them personally.

Last edited by Tintlelli; 05-11-2012 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: wanted to add one more

Old 05-11-2012, 03:08 PM

3,176 posts, read 6,216,960 times
Quote:

"I think" many repsonders will share their own experince which, is generally, ONE sitution, isn't it?

I have only daughters and my husband and I are much more closely aligned to the traits you've assigned to those who have sons, almost across the board, on every single point, including career and personality.

What about those parents who use gender selection? or Shettles Method? Does your assessment apply in the same manner?

Old 05-11-2012, 03:15 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
what does your scientific data say about a family with 2 boys and 2 girls?

Old 05-11-2012, 03:18 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
My theory is that there is a 50% chance of either gender with any pregnancy. period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting