Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2012, 02:04 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,172,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
I've never tried yoga, but I'm curious. This is the opposite of what I thought it should be like.
Yep, definitely to opposite of what it should be.

Old 06-03-2012, 02:11 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,897,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
I took a yoga class the other day. First one in years. I was so looking forward to it. It turned out to be the worst yoga class ever. Not only did the instructor chit chat the entire time, she asked personal questions which led to her asking what school my child goes to. I told her that my daughter was homeschooled. She took that as her personal opportunity to rant about how awful homeschooling is. It was INSANE!!! I think she may be a CD troll in her free time. Instead of leaving feeling relaxed, I left feeling more stressed then ever. So if you're looking for the worst yoga class on the planet, I found it.
Oh, that's awful. A girlfriend of mine was just certified as a yoga instructor, she's also a psychologist into mindfulness-based therapies who does not have strong opinions about childhood education. You're not in WA state by chance?

------
As for voting, most of the 18 yr olds I know and have known were excited to vote for the first time. It is an important adult responsibility.

Old 06-03-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Oh, that's awful. A girlfriend of mine was just certified as a yoga instructor, she's also a psychologist into mindfulness-based therapies who does not have strong opinions about childhood education. You're not in WA state by chance?
That type of instructor would be perfect for me. I think the lady who taught my class was just mildly insane. A woman in the class approached me afterwards and told me that the instructor was rude to people in the class regularly. I called to complain and they told me the same thing on the phone. I wonder why she still has a job?

Old 06-03-2012, 02:40 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,418,522 times
Well, not mentally ready to go back to work ,but physically yes. 6 weeks has gone by slowly and ready to have a reason to get up early in the morning again

Old 06-03-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
I took a yoga class the other day. First one in years. I was so looking forward to it. It turned out to be the worst yoga class ever. Not only did the instructor chit chat the entire time, she asked personal questions which led to her asking what school my child goes to. I told her that my daughter was homeschooled. She took that as her personal opportunity to rant about how awful homeschooling is. It was INSANE!!! I think she may be a CD troll in her free time. Instead of leaving feeling relaxed, I left feeling more stressed then ever. So if you're looking for the worst yoga class on the planet, I found it.
Oh, bummer. So sorry to hear that.

Old 06-03-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
Oh, bummer. So sorry to hear that.
Thanks and Happy Birthday to your little one! Five really is a fun age.

Old 06-03-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
That type of instructor would be perfect for me. I think the lady who taught my class was just mildly insane. A woman in the class approached me afterwards and told me that the instructor was rude to people in the class regularly. I called to complain and they told me the same thing on the phone. I wonder why she still has a job?
That's crazy! You'd think especially in this economy someone like that would be out of a job. I hope you are able to find a class not led by the mildly insane.

Old 06-03-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
Well, not mentally ready to go back to work ,but physically yes. 6 weeks has gone by slowly and ready to have a reason to get up early in the morning again
Good luck! It's like riding a bicycle, right? You'll be in my thoughts for a smooth transition.

Old 06-03-2012, 04:07 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,959,089 times
If of all people ME, can get up EVERYDAY of the week, day after day no break, of getting up at 6am to either take TG to work or go to work myself, not going back to sleep, then I think you will do JUST FINE transitioning back into work, so good luck, if I of all people can do this, you can do that.

Old 06-03-2012, 08:36 PM

Please, Txt. I have spent many, many years getting up before the sun. I am prior military- I know what it is like to go days and days without sleep and very little food too boot. I work full time, go to school full-time, run a household and take my son to karate two times a week and he also just recently finished up ice skating lessons for hockey. I know what it is like to get up early and run myself into the ground throughout the day. I just enjoyed the past 6wks of not having to do any of it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.