Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 01:50 PM

1,204 posts, read 2,527,327 times

Advertisements

I understand you are upset, but things happen. This won't be the last bruise, cut or bump and I'm sure a lot will happen on your watch. I'm sure she felt really bad about what happened and yes, she should have told you, but your daughter is ok right? Accept her apology and just don't have her watch your daughter anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 01:53 PM

88,581 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
Does the god-mom not have any kids? Who in their right mind would put up and leave a car seat on a couch? That's just unsafe regardless of how much a child can/cannot move.

Yes, it is. I know because I did it, too. I thought I was in my right mind at the time, but apparently not.

I was carrying my daughter, ten months, in her car seat to leave to go somewhere when I realized I forgot something. I set her down on the couch, and went and got whatever it was I forgot. I was walking toward her when she started laughing, rocked back and forth, and propelled herself right off the couch and into a snack table. Blood was gushing from her mouth and she was screaming bloody murder. When I finally got the bleeding stopped, I looked inside her mouth and realized to my horror that she had knocked out one of her teeth--a second one next to one of the front ones, that she had just gotten in a month earlier. Never found the tooth--she probably swallowed it.

Mine was strapped into her car seat, though--it doesn't sound like the case with the OP. She went flying car seat and all.

I felt like the worst mother in the world. Thanks for bringing that memory back--it was just about 20 years ago. Despite me, my daughter has managed to survive to adulthood and has quite beautiful teeth now.

But don't be too hard on the poor woman. I never in a million years thought my daughter could be hurt by setting her down on the couch in her car seat for less than a minute, and neither did your friend. She definitely should have told you, though. Right away.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 05-14-2012 at 02:03 PM..

Old 05-14-2012, 03:39 PM

2,779 posts, read 5,500,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauramc27 View Post
I understand you are upset, but things happen. This won't be the last bruise, cut or bump and I'm sure a lot will happen on your watch. I'm sure she felt really bad about what happened and yes, she should have told you, but your daughter is ok right? Accept her apology and just don't have her watch your daughter anymore.
This. I'm sure she feels terrible. For the record, my son had something like 6 black eyes before he turned 2. He's 5 now and that number has probably tripled.

My uncle once was watching a friend's baby and carried the infant seat out of the house to bring to the friend and the handle came off. The 2mth old rolled down the driveway . She just graduated from college so I guess she survived but my uncle felt awful for years.

Let it go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting