Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 08:05 AM

331 posts, read 603,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
In light of this horrific story and many others like this, are you planning to talk to your teens about how getting into compromising positions can ruin their lives?

This happens too often, the girl feels guilty or is caught by her parents, she screams rape and the boy's life is ruined. Of course real rapes happen and this kind of idiotic behavior only casts doubt on real rape cases.

So have you talked to your teens- especially boys- about how being in a compromising position can affect the outcomes of the rest of their lives?

I think it is a conversation we all need to have with our kids.
U.S. News - California high school football star cleared of rape 10 years later

^^^^ How evil for this, now grown woman to be more worried about money than worry about justice for the young man she lied on and took sooo much that he had going for him...I am proud that he knows to focus on the positive and not hold the resentmants, but I agree with him that poor decisions/actions require punishments..and this DEFINITLY qualifies as needing some severe consequences!!
May God shine His light and love into this young man's life!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 08:16 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,149,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc0789 View Post
The crime is not only perjury, it is also larceny. I think there is more to this story... who pleas no contest to a false accusation, then spends six years in jail because of a lie and then becomes facebook friends with the liar? 1.5 million dollars is a lot of money.
I believe that a previous poster said that the teenage boy was offered a deal of pleading no contest and getting five/six years in prison vs. going to trial where he could get 40 years to life in prison. They also said that he asked to consult with his parents about what to do and they refused to let him (discuss it with his parents).

Even if he was innocent I can easily imagine a scared teenager accepting that deal. He probably thought "I'm innocent and the case got this far, what if I'm convicted and still innocent need to spend the rest of my life in prison"

Also, being facebook friends isn't a "red flag". The young man probably had dozens, if not hundreds, of strangers "friend him". He probably didn't even recognize the name and just clicked "yes". And. later on I'm sure he was just curious what she had to say to him.

A very sad case.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:18 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,393,969 times
Hopefully this wicked woman gets what is coming to her. How despicable and disgusting. At least it sounds like this man has put it behind him and is moving on with his life in a positive manner, but she should still be punished.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:38 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times
I read he did not accept her friend request but wanted to meet with her and took investigator with him to the meeting. This is where they got the tape of her admitting she lied. Also he has decided not to sue her. Very gracious of him actually.

This is another example of inequality in our justice system. Court appointed atty told him he didn't have a chance, big black teenager vs. young black girl and he would spend 40 years in jail if he didn't take the deal. a good criminal atty could have worked really hard to break this twit girl's story down for the lie it was. I've been very impressed with this young man's demeanor, articulation and patience. I hope to god somebody gives this man a chance to reach his full potential.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:41 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,814,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I read he did not accept her friend request but wanted to meet with her and took investigator with him to the meeting. This is where they got the tape of her admitting she lied. Also he has decided not to sue her. Very gracious of him actually.

I hope to god somebody gives this man a chance to reach his full potential.
You are correct about not accepting her friend request. I heard another radio segment on the case and he actually met her alone, but was wired, and that's how they got the recording of her fessing up. It's my understanding she didn't know she was being recorded.

He has a promising future of possibly going into the NFL. He has being training for that dream every day since he left prison (and probably while in prison). His lawyer has been in contact with the NFL, but Banks (the guy now free), is not allowed to talk about that just now. Maybe in a couple of weeks. Hopefully, someone will give him that opportunity to try out. I'm crossing my fingers for him.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:56 AM

9,822 posts, read 11,546,362 times
Facebook strikes again!
I hope that long beach unified got theirs lawyers ready.
Time to go get the states money back from that trash!

Old 05-30-2012, 12:58 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,814,317 times
6 NFL teams have invited Banks to try out!!!! Go Banks!

http://http://losangeles.cbslocal.co...r-6-nfl-teams/

Old 05-30-2012, 01:20 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,679,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
6 nfl teams have invited banks to try out!!!! Go banks!

http://http://losangeles.cbslocal.co...r-6-nfl-teams/

:d:d

Old 05-30-2012, 01:30 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times
incredible news. I just knew somebody would come thru for him.
Report: Exonerated football star gets NFL tryout - Sports Blog - CBS News

Old 05-30-2012, 03:34 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,149,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I believe that a previous poster said that the teenage boy was offered a deal of pleading no contest and getting five/six years in prison vs. going to trial where he could get 40 years to life in prison. They also said that he asked to consult with his parents about what to do and they refused to let him (discuss it with his parents).

Even if he was innocent I can easily imagine a scared teenager accepting that deal. He probably thought "I'm innocent and the case got this far, what if I'm convicted and still innocent need to spend the rest of my life in prison"

Also, being facebook friends isn't a "red flag". The young man probably had dozens, if not hundreds, of strangers "friend him". He probably didn't even recognize the name and just clicked "yes". And. later on I'm sure he was just curious what she had to say to him.

A very sad case.
Thank you for the correction regarding (not) being facebook friends.

I'm glad that he will get a chance to try out for a professional football team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting