Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2007, 01:57 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,395,429 times

Advertisements

Three babies died after becoming trapped and suffocating, officials say.

WASHINGTON - About 1 million Simplicity and Graco cribs have been recalled after three children became entrapped and suffocated.

The recall was announced by the Consumer Product Safety Commission on Friday, more than two years after a California lawyer says he alerted the federal agency about a 9-month-old who died in a faulty crib.

“Two years and two deaths is not fast enough. It’s inexcusable that it took that long,” said Charles Kelly, who represents the parents of the 9-month-old. Liam Johns of Citrus Heights, Calif., died in April 2005.

1 million cribs sold in U.S. recalled - Kids & Parenting - MSNBC.com (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2007, 09:28 AM

1,565 posts, read 4,295,224 times
anything in which there is a risk to human life should not be made in china.

So that pretty much only means clothing should be allowed to be made there. everything else should be made in mexico to stop illegals from having a reason to come here.

Plus it would mean an NAU would help us because we'd indirectly get our manufacturing back.

Old 09-22-2007, 03:30 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,009,219 times
I'd love to see all this cheap China junk go once and for all. Okay, we'd have to pay more for less but it's better to have quality and safe items than a bunch a junk. Like I said in another post, how many sets of dishes do you need? How many sweaters do you need.

Bringing back manufacturing and pride in the USA would be wonderful.

Old 09-22-2007, 09:18 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,185,630 times
This item was designed in the US. The manufacturer was following US design criteria.

I agree with bring manufacturing back to the US. We have too many people with too few jobs out there. As long as our government supplies tax breaks to companies who do business outside of the US, this trend will continue.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:23 PM

180 posts, read 619,820 times
my son had the simplicity winnie the pooh bed , paid 189 for it it was recalled for numbers of reasons one of them being lead paint. took the thing back to walmart to get a refund and they only gave me 109 dollars. needless to say i was pissed. now i am totally refusing to buy anything made in china.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting