Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 07:31 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Here is a good solution that parents can get for their teens.

Turn Off the Cell Phone While Driving - Stop Cell Phone Use While Driving - PhonEnforcer Prevents the Use of Cell Phone While Driving

The government is investigating ways to disable phones while driving too.

Government Evaluating Cell Phones Disablers in Cars : Discovery News
I knew it would only be a time before they started putting things in cars that allowed that. But then again they need to be set up so you can call 911 at least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 07:33 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post
2 years? Should be longer IMO.
Vehicular manslaughter should get the same whether DWI or texting.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:47 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
I don't 'get" why people have to text and drive???
Is what they are texting really that earth shattering that the other person must know.

Every time I see a person looking down in front of me, I torture them with my horn.

Not even the 20's but when I see older adults doing this, I have to think to myself, you really are a moron......and the ones that have kids in the back seat, ugh, i won't even go there.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:48 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
I knew it would only be a time before they started putting things in cars that allowed that. But then again they need to be set up so you can call 911 at least.
Yes, though if you need to call 911, you probably can stop the car. I think these apps only work if the car is moving.

If the car is stopped and you get out of the car, you can use it normally.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:48 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I was riding with a grown woman down the highway, 75 mph, when she started texting her daughter. We had just dropped our kids off at camp. I had so say "Are you texting and driving? Please don't do that." It scares me to think that an adult woman with 3 kids would think that's ok.

I agree, it is insane that they do this.....

Old 06-11-2012, 09:55 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
We are a trauma center.
We see tons of car accidents.

Booze
Drugs (including pot, sorry...the last pothead ran into a parked police car...then he was like, "No, really. I drive better on this stuff.")
Cell phones

Every single freakin' time.

Once in a while, you will get the guy who had a stroke or a seizure...but those people somehow manage to get off the road...maybe crash into a tree or something.

But every other time, man...it's nutty.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:05 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
We are a trauma center.
We see tons of car accidents.

Booze
Drugs (including pot, sorry...the last pothead ran into a parked police car...then he was like, "No, really. I drive better on this stuff.")
Cell phones

Every single freakin' time.

Once in a while, you will get the guy who had a stroke or a seizure...but those people somehow manage to get off the road...maybe crash into a tree or something.

But every other time, man...it's nutty.

How incredibly frustrating! ALL of those accidents are avoidable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting