Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 05:40 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,265,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
There's so often denial from the parents of bullies, I hope this is a wake up call for parents to really consider the implications. This is very hard to watch, and NSFW. A group of middle-schoolers mercilessly picked on the school bus monitor, an older lady. 10 minutes of the bullying was recorded by one of the teens, and then posted on YouTube.
NSFW.

Making The Bus Monitor Cry - YouTube#!

Karen Huff Klein Bullying Video: Upsetting Footage Causes Community Outrage (VIDEO) (UPDATE)
CALL TO ARMS. PLEASE READ. : UpliftingNews
After each kid on that bus was expelled from school, they would be doing so much community service that the whole city of public sanitation workers could have a day off. Then when they were through with the Sanitation department, they would volunteer at the local animal shelter. There would be no more computers, no more tv and no unsupervised time without an adult of some sort right up their posterior ends. I would hope after this that I would be able to find a shrink for each kid to find out WHY they did what they did and then after they saw the shrink, they would go to a military school for the rest of their school career. The MONSTERS deserve so much more. Lets not forget taking their beloved CELL PHONES and IPADS from them as well.
I find this one of the most upsetting stories I have ever read or heard. I am 64 years old and if this had happened to me, I would have asked the busdriver to pull over then I would have called the school and their parents to have someone come get these little monsters...I would have gone home!!
These kids need to be charged with a hate crime or at least have their parents be held responsible for their actions if they are minors. AWFUL, JUST AWFUL STUFF!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 05:54 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,237,972 times
I'd be getting my kid some serious counseling. And probably myself as well, I'd be horrified. Then, I'd kick their asses to the moon, and the usual, no nothing until further notice... work for free at the ladies home, AND depending upon her religion, I may make them attend church with her and apologize ather church!

Of course nothing I could do would take away the humilation that poor woman must have felt...but she is laughting all the way to the bank now...

Old 06-29-2012, 10:19 AM

1,831 posts, read 4,433,487 times
Yes, these kids deserve severe consequences. But -- why is it that disrespect to an adult, to the point of causing tears, is so deplorable (rightfully so), but when a child does this to another child, it's just kids being kids? And, you have to deal with the reality of teasing and bullying? And, you can't control the bullies, so you have to learn to outsmart them?

The little poops are allowed to misbehave, then when they get into trouble in later years, everybody asks, "where were the parents?" Somewhere giving, or internalizing, mixed messages about parenting, perhaps? Or seeking help and the cries fall on deaf ears? Or sitting in front of some mediocre counselor who is spouting psychobabble (no, I am not slamming all counselors, since there are some good ones out there -- just the ones who don't need to be counseling).

Why is it that the bullies, jerks, a-holes and abusers seem to have the upper hand in this society?

Old 06-29-2012, 10:31 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
If you have a brat that is a bully means that you are a parent with no real values or ethics..I was raised by old school Russian immigrants...Orthodox Christians with values that came out of the 1800s. Not once did I hear them utter a negative word behind someones back- Not once did I witness racism or hate for any other religion or creed..They had class- If a poor bunch of kids came to my mother who were hungry- she fed them.. I never saw my parents even think of dominating another human being...

My oldest brother was bullied half to death.He was in a constant state of tears. I was clever and avoided them- till I finally had to stand up for my big brother- I found out I was fast with my hands- and my cowardice turned to chivalry. I blackened they eyes of every bully in town- What set this off was when my father was very ill and weak- The worst and most nasty kid threatened my father....something snapped...I flew around the corner - and planted a running punch on his jaw- Then beat him to the ground. After that no more bullies...I took out the lead guy- The mother of the bully sent a thank you for putting her creepy son in his place...

A bully thrives on fear and intimidation...once you stand up to them- they stop.

Old 06-29-2012, 10:53 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,685,553 times
It's not ok to bully anyone, child or adult.

Old 06-29-2012, 02:11 PM

13,980 posts, read 25,939,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
If you have a brat that is a bully means that you are a parent with no real values or ethics..
Possibly. It can also indicate the parents themselves are overly authoritative, ie: bullies.

I also think most parents would be horrified to learn their children bully. There are a lot of outside influences on kids that didn't exist when we were young. It's tough for a parent to keep constant tabs on what their kids are watching and listening to.

Old 06-29-2012, 03:36 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,466,631 times
What a complete lack of humanity these kids displayed. If my kids acted in such a matter I KNOW it would be my fault as I'm the one who raised a kid who would think that it would be okay to shred a person's dignity like that... what complete losers. I don't know what I would do at first, but I'm sure it would be something that would make their lives very unpleasant for a long length of time. I was bullied as a kid and to this day I LOATH bullies - I have no understanding or patience for such people and I can't imagine raising one. But if I did, make no mistake, my child would be in my crosshairs and I'm not a woman to be messed with when I see an injustice. I'd make them regret what they did.

Old 06-29-2012, 05:00 PM

885 posts, read 1,881,062 times
Default Don't mess with the bus monitor and post it online, or you might just end up suspended for a year!

One Year Suspension For Greece Bus Bullies | WKBW News 7: News, Sports, Weather | Buffalo, NY | Top Stories

and 50 hours of working with senior citizens!

I bet this isnt the first time it happens!!

Bravo to the school district for knocking these poor examples of kids down. Thank GOD the parents are going to have to deal with them for a full year.

Old 06-29-2012, 05:07 PM

13,980 posts, read 25,939,932 times
The verdict is in, and it appears the parents are not fighting it:

Students who bullied N.Y. bus monitor are suspended for a year - CNN.com

Old 06-29-2012, 05:53 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,859,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazah1080 View Post
Thank GOD the parents are going to have to deal with them for a full year.
Nope, the kids are just going to alternative school for a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting