Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 12:32 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,574,845 times

Advertisements

For infertile couples, miracle babies are the joy of a lifetime, but they often come with a hefty price tag. But like so many other services, more affordable surrogate mother candidates are beginning to be found overseas.

Health care insurance often doesn't come close to covering the costs associated with infertility treatments, and if you're uninsured, they're likely not even an option.

ABC News: New Job Outsourced: Surrogate Moms
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 10:54 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,471,880 times
What people need to know doing this is unless they bring the birthmother to live with them in the US so they can monitor her and go to the doctor etc. they are taking a BIG risk. Many doctors/hospital overseas do not provide the quality of care as in the US and do not order the blood work etc. that they do here and if she has preterm labor or some serious medical issue while pregnant, she and the baby may not get the care she needs. Also, I know of surrogate mother's offering their services cheaper in Russia. It is very normal in Russia to drink vodka at most meals (except breakfast). As we know that is very very unsafe for an unborn baby. Smoking is also looked at in many countries as normal and not an issue for a pregnant woman. How are you going to know for sure or make sure your surrogate is drug/alcohol/tobacco free thousands of miles away? You aren't. Also because of another country being involved, you would need more involved legal paperwork to cover your butt. That will obviously be more involved and more expensive. If you have a surrogate in some little village in who knows what country and she has your baby and decides to flee with it and keep it, what will you do in Podunkville US? Paying less is not always the smartest decision.

Old 06-28-2009, 03:20 AM

1 posts, read 4,490 times
we don't drink vodka on breakfast because on breakfast we have portion of our enemies's heart with hot blood! we even use fork and knife to make it more enjoyable..just in case if you mother ****er didn't know

Old 07-01-2009, 09:35 AM

6 posts, read 11,480 times
Do you know how to tell where to look for honest surrogate advertisments? There are websites where there are many surrogate ads like this one:
Jobs in USA - search & find a job or place job classifieds for free on NowHired.com
You find them in work at home jobs. Probably some of them are serious, but how can one tell? Do you know of any organisations that monitor the process and have agents registered, to make it legal and safe for both sides?

Old 07-01-2009, 09:51 AM

283 posts, read 738,296 times
There are legitimate places to find surrogates online.
Surrogate Mothers Online has classifieds to advertise on.
As an American surrogate, I can tell you that the story leaves a lot of the negative aspects of foreign surrogacy out.
Anyone contemplating "outsourcing" their surrogate needs to do lots of research into the laws of the country the surrogate is from.
Worst case scenario... you couldn't get custody of your own child.
To save costs on the actual IVF treatments, you can have an American surrogate travel to other countries with cheaper IVF treatments as well.
To anyone reading this contemplating surrogacy, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do your research and DO NOT let money be the main factor in deciding who to have help you build your family.

Old 09-09-2010, 03:07 AM

5 posts, read 9,504 times
Default I have no problem with surrogate mothers

I have no problem with surrogate mothers. However, military wives using the free government medical care provided by our tax dollars is just not right. As a young military wife many years ago, I was taught not to share commissary and exchange privileges with anyone not entitled to them. These perks were provided as a part of my husband's employment compensation. The same applies to the free medical care that service personnel and their family members receive.

If a couple wants to hire a military wife as a surrogate, let them foot the bill. The military spending should go for body armor for our troops or armored vehicles or to support the needs of bonafide military families.

More information on Surrogate Mothers :- Surrogate motherhood, Pros and cons of surrogate motherhood, Gestational carrier surrogacy (http://www.womenhealthcenter.net/surrogate-motherhood.html - broken link)

Old 09-10-2010, 10:30 AM

2,059 posts, read 5,746,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pintuhs View Post
I have no problem with surrogate mothers. However, military wives using the free government medical care provided by our tax dollars is just not right. As a young military wife many years ago, I was taught not to share commissary and exchange privileges with anyone not entitled to them. These perks were provided as a part of my husband's employment compensation. The same applies to the free medical care that service personnel and their family members receive.

If a couple wants to hire a military wife as a surrogate, let them foot the bill. The military spending should go for body armor for our troops or armored vehicles or to support the needs of bonafide military families.

More information on Surrogate Mothers :- Surrogate motherhood, Pros and cons of surrogate motherhood, Gestational carrier surrogacy (http://www.womenhealthcenter.net/surrogate-motherhood.html - broken link)
I completely agree. Military budgets are tight enough as it is. Allowing healthcare funds to be abused in this way is despicable.

Old 10-15-2010, 08:43 PM

1 posts, read 3,142 times
There are indeed legitimate and reputable international surrogacy agencies and clinics. Those clinics have procedures in place to monitor their surrogates, while they are going through their pregnanies. Here is a link to one company that seems has a wealth of information on international surrogates Surrogate Mother With Donor Egg Program Screening | MedVacation
Check out the tests requirements that potential surrogates must pass, before they are signed up. Those are identical to those prescribed by ASRM and used by US based IVF clinics.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:14 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,898,350 times
This is really old news. The article is from 2007.

Dorothy

Old 10-16-2010, 06:35 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,051,718 times
the clinics I've read about lately require the surrogates to live in a sort of dorm and their families can come and visit them.. Their health is closely monitored and these women , in India, get better care in the clinics than they would anywhere else. Also they have to be married with 1 child already.
I frankly see nothing wrong with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting