Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 09:33 AM

2,488 posts, read 4,320,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
LOL! To be fair, it was likely the Mom who raised him to be entitled.
Where do I come off as entitled? At least I'm not rude like you and making judgements about someone I don't even know.

Or are you just assuming that because I'm young?

Old 07-20-2012, 09:40 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
She also has a tendency to over-react to things and turn little things into major things as well as take everything personally.
90's serious advice: You might want to think about something. Do you think you do this as well? Go back and read your responses to our posts. It's very easy to mimic behavior. Do you want to be like your mother? I'm guessing not. Just think about how you've reacted and how your mother would react.

Look at this as an opportunity to learn. Or even more incentive to get out on your own.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:50 AM

2,488 posts, read 4,320,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
90's serious advice: You might want to think about something. Do you think you do this as well? Go back and read your responses to our posts. It's very easy to mimic behavior. Do you want to be like your mother? I'm guessing not. Just think about how you've reacted and how your mother would react.

Look at this as an opportunity to learn. Or even more incentive to get out on your own.
Yes, I was very much like that in middle & high school, in terms of what people did and I would take it personally even though it had nothing to do with me.

But no, I do not want to be like my mother (or my father) and I was like them growing up but I worked to change. However, people shouldn't be making judgements or assumptions about someone they don't know over a post especially when they can't even back it up. I wouldn't do that to someone else.

My parents are in their early 50s, they are the way they are and I am trying to learn to accept that, though I do feel a little bad for them. Even though we don't get along, I still love her.

Last edited by 90sman; 07-20-2012 at 10:00 AM..

Old 07-20-2012, 10:19 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,181,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
Where do I come off as entitled? At least I'm not rude like you and making judgements about someone I don't even know.

Or are you just assuming that because I'm young?

By virtue of the fact that you are living in Mommy's household complainign about what a big fat meanie she is. If you are a grown up, move out. No one owes grown ups places to live.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:19 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
There are a lot of personal attacks being thrown around. However, if we tell people to attack a question or a situation, and someone makes the situation personal, then it doesn't feel so good to be in the center.

Everybody here is a child, and most of us are parents. I am going to close the thread for a while so everybody can cool down. It's Friday. Have a mojito (except those under 21: have a cherry Coke).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting