Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 01:07 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazah1080 View Post
Today at CVS a 12/13 year old ish had shorts on that were so short.......you could see everything RIGHT up to her butt... that's the NORM around here.. and it's awful.
Yeah I've seen ten year old's shorts where you could see their butt cheeks. Seriously?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 02:38 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,732,593 times
Absolutely nothing wrong with buying 2nd hand.

And, think of this, as long as all clothes are manufactured in China, why make a profit for companies that shut down their factories here to take them over there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyezRule View Post
We can afford it, but, I'm cheap, I buy 2nd hand, especially 50% off, Ike it is Friday at a local store. I'll be shopping on Friday. my 2 kids are very tall, and very, very skinny. Lol

Old 07-20-2012, 03:05 PM

Yeah, I don't get whom a 10-year old would be showing off her butt crack to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Yeah I've seen ten year old's shorts where you could see their butt cheeks. Seriously?

Old 07-20-2012, 03:22 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Yesterday standing at a bus stop - I saw this very tired looking woman..who was older than her years...He face looked worried...worn out- she had clothes that were "sexy" - really looked like someone that really regretted their life- She looked like a single mother who's only thing to offer was looking "sexy". Standing next to her was her daughter who kept spiting on the road..she was about ten- with her hair died bright red- wearing a short dress that was more fitting in style for a 20 year old ...The poor kid was joking about and undoing her mothers "sexy" top and laughing- as the mother continued to have this grim expression.

It looked like dressing "sexy" had not paid off for the mother...and it looked like the kid- was going down the same dreary path..where all you have to offer the world is sex- The forcing of premature sexuality on a child cripples them..it's as dis-service.

Old 07-20-2012, 03:48 PM

Sad that women feel they have to look sexy or else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Yesterday standing at a bus stop - I saw this very tired looking woman..who was older than her years...He face looked worried...worn out- she had clothes that were "sexy" - really looked like someone that really regretted their life- She looked like a single mother who's only thing to offer was looking "sexy". Standing next to her was her daughter who kept spiting on the road..she was about ten- with her hair died bright red- wearing a short dress that was more fitting in style for a 20 year old ...The poor kid was joking about and undoing her mothers "sexy" top and laughing- as the mother continued to have this grim expression.

It looked like dressing "sexy" had not paid off for the mother...and it looked like the kid- was going down the same dreary path..where all you have to offer the world is sex- The forcing of premature sexuality on a child cripples them..it's as dis-service.

Old 07-20-2012, 04:05 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post

It looked like dressing "sexy" had not paid off for the mother...
What does this even mean? She'd been a lousy hooker? She'd failed to attract a rich man with her looks? She dresses sexy so, uh oh, she must be a high school drop-out who is taking the bus because she couldn't get a man to support her?

And 10 year olds can't have a little fun and color their hair? I wasn't aware we were under an autocracy who decided things like that. I'd think her laughing would have been outlawed too.

p.s. Maybe she looked worried because she had a husband at home reading comics and eating bon-bons and she knew paying the rent was on her shoulders. Did ya think of that?

Last edited by DewDropInn; 07-20-2012 at 04:15 PM..

Old 07-20-2012, 04:36 PM

13,419 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Sad that women feel they have to look sexy or else.
Or else what?

Old 07-20-2012, 07:52 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times
or else they don't get a man.

and who here thinks a 10 year old is ok coloring her hair? not me.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:54 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
What does this even mean? She'd been a lousy hooker? She'd failed to attract a rich man with her looks? She dresses sexy so, uh oh, she must be a high school drop-out who is taking the bus because she couldn't get a man to support her?

And 10 year olds can't have a little fun and color their hair? I wasn't aware we were under an autocracy who decided things like that. I'd think her laughing would have been outlawed too.

p.s. Maybe she looked worried because she had a husband at home reading comics and eating bon-bons and she knew paying the rent was on her shoulders. Did ya think of that?
There is an error on your part- this was a semi-gentrified part of town that was a white ghetto not to long ago..This mother and daughter were classic white poor folks...They were a simple mother and daughter..The ten year old was not "having a little bit of fun" She was attempting to be older than she needed to be..The kid was talking about boys as if she were in her mid teens..This hood is full of single mothers - this was just an older one...a burn out...and I would be pretty sure there was no husband at home- I have seen these types around for years...

Okay- may as well be blunt- These people were common white trash and did not know any better...there are some people all they know is how to have sex and have a child and nothing more- The kid thought she looked cool- she did not look cool- it was pitiful.. The mother did not dress her "sexy" on purpose- she just did not know how to dress period. I would assume that what I viewed was the third generation of hopelessness and welfare....and stupid enough to think "sexy" is classy- they were low class and attempting to be "sexy"

I am sure that the child's peers were also part of this pre-mature "sexy" culture...I am not a hater- but experience tells me that these people are just plain dumb////// sorry if I sound like an elitist.

Old 07-21-2012, 09:55 AM

2,966 posts, read 3,916,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
or else they don't get a man.

and who here thinks a 10 year old is ok coloring her hair? not me.
Have you personally felt as if you need to look sexy or else you won't get a man? Because I'm a woman and I've NEVER once felt that way, nor have my teenage daughters or friends.

I think a 10 year old coloring her hair is ok. It's just one of those "pick your battles" things. It's just hair and the dye will come out sooner or later!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting