Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 12:47 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,227,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffjoy View Post
Lol. I've often peed while holding a child, but never nursed. Kudos.

That's completely different than someone chastising you for nursing in public and suggesting your child should eat in the potty so they can personally be more comfortable.
Ah I became quite the expert at doing anything and everything while nursing! I think next time I'll get a sling/wrap so I can do even more.

Absolutely agree, completely different if the mother chooses to do so themselves than if someone else tells them to.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:57 PM

509 posts, read 586,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Ah I became quite the expert at doing anything and everything while nursing! I think next time I'll get a sling/wrap so I can do even more.

Absolutely agree, completely different if the mother chooses to do so themselves than if someone else tells them to.
I love my Ergo and Sakura Bloom slings. The best inventions ever. I nursed a lot in both. In public no less (horrors!).

Old 04-10-2013, 12:58 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,151,745 times
Quote:
Lol. I've often peed while holding a child, but never nursed. Kudos.

That's completely different than someone chastising you for nursing in public and suggesting your child should eat in the potty so they can personally be more comfortable.
Little more (in the west) is as disgusting as public restrooms aside from porta potties. OTOH, most women I know make their private bathrooms their sanctuaries/spas so they're pretty clean.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:59 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,682,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
the other thing no one seems to get, is i am saying go in the bathroom, not strip down and sit on the toilet though.
you can still sit with clothes on.....
Why should anyone have to though? Its YOUR problem, you deal with it.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:25 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,157,398 times
Quote:
the other thing no one seems to get, is i am saying go in the bathroom, not strip down and sit on the toilet though.
Luckily you don't get to control the behavior of others!

Old 04-10-2013, 01:27 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,227,317 times
Quote:
I love my Ergo and Sakura Bloom slings. The best inventions ever. I nursed a lot in both. In public no less (horrors!).
Oh the horror! Hehe, though I bet no one could even tell that you were nursing, plus side of slings.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
And it's still equally disgusting. Would you eat in a public restroom stall with your clothes on? What if I told you that you have no choice because I think you are offensive to look at? Exactly. Totally wrong.

It is equally as wrong to insist breastfeeding mothers should take their babies into the bathroom to eat and justify it by saying you aren't asking them to remove clothes.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Oh the horror! Hehe, though I bet no one could even tell that you were nursing, plus side of slings.
Totally! That's pretty much my point. The vast majority of breastfeeding mamas are quite discreet, and I doubt list people notice unless they are staring very hard.

I notice now when I never did before, and I usually give the mama a smile and nod. We need some sort of signal we would all recognize; the "breastfeeding solidarity" fist pump or something.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:40 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,151,745 times
Here is a review of a study done on the bacteria found in public restrooms. I've quoted snippets, but the entire article is really disgusting. That a grown man (uneducated or not when it comes to public health) would prefer to expose babies to this is absurd.

Public bathrooms house thousands of kinds of bacteria

Quote:
These studies revealed that when you flush the toilet with the lid up that bacteria can go up to six feet through the air (including onto your toothbrush), that students very rarely wash their hands, that bacteria are present all over the bathroom though differ between wet versus dry places, and that, so long as the lid is closed, flushing the toilet is actually a pretty good way to get rid of bacteria such that toilet bowls don’t have that many bacteria.
Flores and colleagues discovered thousands of species in the twelve bathrooms they surveyed, more kinds of bacteria than there are kinds of birds in North America.
Those thousands of bacteria species seemed to be composed of three groups corresponding to just how they arrived in the bathroom—gut species, skin species and shoe species. Species associated with human guts or feces were common on toilet flush handles and toilet seats, where they were either sprayed when the toilets flushed or transferred on hands. Species associated with human skin were common on door handles and other surfaces frequently touched by hands, though not necessarily hands with any feces on them. Finally, the floor community was sparse but diverse, with many rare species found here and there among the tiles, as though our feet were bringing bacteria in from all over the world, each and every place we, or at least the visitors to these particular bathrooms, had been.

Public bathrooms house thousands of kinds of bacteria | Guest Blog, Scientific American Blog Network

Old 04-10-2013, 01:40 PM

18,408 posts, read 31,532,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
And you had your 3 sons eat in the shyter? Talk about crappy parents.

yes, me and my wife would put the toilet seat down and serve dinner on it, doesnt everyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.